• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Inter Milan 1 (Chelsea win 5-4 on penalties)

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Thank you ma'am. I realise of course that Eden is apparently to be offered the captaincy as an incentive to stay with us, but as much as I obviously would like him to stay I do feel that Cesc is a better choice and I'm just hoping, and actually am allowing myself to believe, that Eden will see the possibilities that are in my view genuinely there for him in playing in a Chelsea team adopting this positive approach. Eden will play up front of course and therefore might be somewhat too isolated from the heart of the team to be as effective a captain as Cesc.

I don't understand why offering Eden the captaincy would make him stay.  It would be just a token gesture and there are much better candidates.  I think his only consideration should be that he can play in the position he enjoys the most and thrives in and everything else would follow.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

CHO man of the match by a country mile. He's ready. 

Could have a huge impact this season and, Mark my words, he'll be in the senior England team for the Euros in 2 years. 

Yeah CHO looks, alongside Ampadu, as though he is ready to at least feature in some Europa League and Carling Cup games. 

With Barkley settling in, its like 3 extra players to choose from. 

I think between Drinkwater and Bakayoko that Bakayoko has to be the one that’s dropped unfortunately. It is what it is but we have got to be fair this year in our selections - which wasn’t always the case with AC.

kev61   
2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

A very encouraging performance I thought, particularly with the first XI who looked impressive. Then the replacements were clearly inferior by comparison, but overall I'm really looking forward to seeing a Chelsea team playing under Sarri, a manager who appears genuinely determined to adopt a progressive attacking style which I feel our players will respond to and revel in.

I'm also really liking the idea of Cesc as captain. He plays in the ideal position and has both the maturity and experience as well as a genuine commitment to our club which is really a pleasure to delight in.

The only thing I disagree with Pete is Fabregas as captain.A captain should lead by examp!e and I fear Fabregas is past his sell by date - Azpilicueta is the perfect candidate for me.As for Hazard as captain good player as he is I wouldn't appoint him to run a tuck shop in a primary school - he is just too childish imo and would not command the respect of the rest of the team.

Edited by kev61

Ham   

Anyone?

Best club captain?

Best team captain?

For me;

Fabregas/Luiz

Dave

12 hours ago, JaneB said:

I don't understand why offering Eden the captaincy would make him stay.  It would be just a token gesture and there are much better candidates.  I think his only consideration should be that he can play in the position he enjoys the most and thrives in and everything else would follow.

Yep, absolutely.

11 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Yeah CHO looks, alongside Ampadu, as though he is ready to at least feature in some Europa League and Carling Cup games. 

With Barkley settling in, its like 3 extra players to choose from. 

I think between Drinkwater and Bakayoko that Bakayoko has to be the one that’s dropped unfortunately. It is what it is but we have got to be fair this year in our selections - which wasn’t always the case with AC.

The performances of CHO and Ampadu were very encouraging for sure, but we've seen those sort of performances from the youngsters before in pre-season games. Hopefully Sarri will prove to have a different mindset.

10 hours ago, kev61 said:

The only thing I disagree with Pete is Fabregas as captain.A captain should lead by examp!e and I fear Fabregas is past his sell by date - Azpilicueta is the perfect candidate for me.As for Hazard as captain good player as he is I wouldn't appoint him to run a tuck shop in a primary school - he is just too childish imo and would not command the respect of the rest of the team.

Well, I certainly wouldn't argue with the idea of Azpi as a captain, but I do think that Cesc would not be a liability at all, in a midfield 3 which also contained Kante and Jorghino. On the contrary, with his outstanding passing ability I think he'd be a real asset.

I don't think Hazard is childish, but I don't think he'd be a good choice for captain because of the reasons I've given. I also think he would flourish with the opportunities created by a freed up Cesc, given that Cesc would be able to leave the defensive side of midfield responsibility to his colleagues there. Hazard certainly loved playing with Mata because of the same reasons and I think he'd also do so with Cesc.

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Anyone?

Best club captain?

Best team captain?

For me;

Fabregas/Luiz

Dave

Yeh, I like your choices too Ham.

JaneB   
10 hours ago, Ham said:

Anyone?

Best club captain?

Best team captain?

For me;

Fabregas/Luiz

Dave

I'm never quite sure what the point of a club captain is. It's a bit like a consolation prize.

I would be very happy with Cesc or DL as team captain, if they play enough 🙏🏻 Otherwise Dave is the obvious choice.

53 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'm never quite sure what the point of a club captain is. It's a bit like a consolation prize.

I would be very happy with Cesc or DL as team captain, if they play enough 🙏🏻 Otherwise Dave is the obvious choice.

Yep again. Those are the 3 main contenders alright. All 3 of them are Chelsea through and through.