• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Inter Milan 1 (Chelsea win 5-4 on penalties)

Sea foot   

I haven't seen the game yet but how did Jorginho look? He's not been mentioned as far as I can tell.

29 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

I haven't seen the game yet but how did Jorginho look? He's not been mentioned as far as I can tell.

He was alright , a more mobile version of Fabregas , he's good at what he does but is not generally a "highlights" player bar the odd forward ball.

1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

Quieter, less involved, game than against Perth. As Mark said, a more mobile version of Cesc.

chara   

The Captain question is very simple..and a bit more complex!....the man who attends the coin toss is a simple choice..real captains are the leaders on the pitch...not just one "designated" player... JT of course was the ultimate Captain Leader etc,,but also on the pitch were SFL PC and DD..all leaders by example and inclination. 

Hazard just has not got the mind set for a "battle" as captain but certainly has the bottle for his own individual skirmishes etc.Too often he is the target of absolute butchery and deals with it in his own way...JT and Chopper for example dealt with (and put it out!" ) stuff at a team control level if you get my meaning.

On the pitch it has to be Dave for me. Cesc and DL can get a bit hot headed at times, Dave's calming influence will help when games get fiery. He's well respected by all in the game and has a very clean image which may help with the refs a little, and certainly good for club image. Also the longest serving, although that's not so important, and will probably start the most games.

13 minutes ago, chara said:

The Captain question is very simple..and a bit more complex!....the man who attends the coin toss is a simple choice..real captains are the leaders on the pitch...not just one "designated" player... JT of course was the ultimate Captain Leader etc,,but also on the pitch were SFL PC and DD..all leaders by example and inclination. 

Hazard just has not got the mind set for a "battle" as captain but certainly has the bottle for his own individual skirmishes etc.Too often he is the target of absolute butchery and deals with it in his own way...JT and Chopper for example dealt with (and put it out!" ) stuff at a team control level if you get my meaning.

There are some who think that Hazard doesn't score enough goals... sometimes that's down to him being not selfish enough. He can at times also drift out of games... not always of his making. While he may not be a chest-thumping leader in the JT mould, might not the captaincy make him feel more 'responsible', thereby perhaps forcing him to become a bit more selfish, a bit more 'focussed' (which may result in more goals!)? I'm not saying we should give him the arm band (my personal preference is Azpilicueta), but is that not something that ought to be considered?

9 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

On the pitch it has to be Dave for me. Cesc and DL can get a bit hot headed at times, Dave's calming influence will help when games get fiery. He's well respected by all in the game and has a very clean image which may help with the refs a little, and certainly good for club image. Also the longest serving, although that's not so important, and will probably start the most games.

My thoughts entirely, and why I too would prefer Azpilicueta over Fabregas and Luiz.

chara   
29 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

My thoughts entirely, and why I too would prefer Azpilicueta over Fabregas and Luiz.

agree

21 hours ago, Ham said:

Anyone?

Best club captain?

Best team captain?

For me;

Fabregas/Luiz

Dave

Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference?

11 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

The performances of CHO and Ampadu were very encouraging for sure, but we've seen those sort of performances from the youngsters before in pre-season games. Hopefully Sarri will prove to have a different mindset.

I don't believe we have seen youngsters impress like this. It was a long time ago - maybe Huth and C Cole? But I think Ampadu and CHO are better. Abraham as well.