• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Arsenal 1 (Arsenal win 6-5 on penalties)

Leo91   

Didn't get to watch the 1st half. How bad was Morata, was he bad enough that the board will be worrying or just bad enough to wipe the performance under the carpet.

21 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Didn't get to watch the 1st half. How bad was Morata, was he bad enough that the board will be worrying or just bad enough to wipe the performance under the carpet.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being OK and 10 bad, he was about a 15

Ham   
24 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

He looked like he was allergic to the ball. 

58 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

When at h/t Wisey talked about what missing those chances does for a striker's confidence, I was sure he was going to say "take him off for his own good".  

2 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

I would love it was his dad with exactly the same hair!

Gwen Doosi.  I think it was Ampadu's Welsh Mum.

kev61   

Not long back from the game more positives than negatives.The positives - cho the best player on the pitch closely followed by Jorginho.The negatives  - no need for a drum roll...Morata there is only one good thing I can say about him he gets into good positions  but he is in the same category as Bakayoko and should be dispensed with.

Barkley was good for the first ten minutes and then lost his way, Pedro gave it all in a haphazard way, rlc when he came on didn't impress nor did drinkwater or Zappacosta.

Early days in a meaningless competition but if cho is mothballed we can assume sarri is another clueless manager imo

Baka looked good for a few minutes - gotta say it when it happens.

CHO and (our) Ampadu looked v good, but there really should be no hurry.  Bulka is another one.
I thought RLC disappointed in the choices he had to make.  Barkley too - not quite there yet.
Jorginho looked 98% great and gave the ball away twice in front of our CBs leading to fantastic chances for Arsenal.  In a league game that is a bad performance.
I don't see the Jorginho-Fabregas comparison.  He moves it on quickly, but with none of the vision, distance or danger that Fabregas gives.  Not so much a more mobile Fabregas as a slightly less mobile Kante - not that that is a bad thing.
Throw-in-Moses can stick to the throw-ins.

Shame Tammy didn't make a grab for the open position. 

kev61   
16 hours ago, Sea foot said:

I'll be there as well Kev. I'll be sitting next to my gooner mate. We all have our cross to bear.

Hope you had a good time mate we had a blast surrounded by English and Irish accents.When Ampadu came on we had an intoxicated guy from Dublin sing 'ambadu du du push the pineapple,shake the tree' from the song agadoo  by black lace.

chara   

Internet down all day here so haven't read earlier posts so sorry if repeating anything.

First ten minutes thought it would be a walkover and first half looked good if not brilliant. PC showed what a difference a good keeper makes and Chelsea could have had four by halftime including the pen. I can't imagine anyone actually believed Morata would convert it. Body language etc was like a beacon. At last I am beginning to agree with the Morata has had enough time to prove himself band.Who decided he would take it?...(2-0 and it was all over.

Deja vu as RLC stepped up..for me at least it looked as if he didn't believe he was going to score.

I hate losing any game and to lose this non game is still a hurt!!!