• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Arsenal 1 (Arsenal win 6-5 on penalties)

Sea foot   

I think Hudson Odoi is the real deal. His first touch was fantastic and Belarin couldn't get anywhere near him. Best player on the pitch last night.

I thought that Barkley looked OK. Not spectacular but fairly solid.

Ampadu looks like he's a couple of years older than he really is. I liked the way he took control of marshalling the defence. Nice to see in a young lad.

I liked the look of Jorginho. Quietly efficient. His ball over the top to Hudson Odoi was lovely.

Morata no thanks. Bakayoko no thanks. Drinkwater is a good squad option if he's happy to be one.

The young goalie didn't do himself any harm either. 

Overall I liked the high line squeezing the play in their half. When we get the full team up and running with a decent goal scorer I reckon we should easily get a top 4 spot. 

Weird atmosphere with both sets of fans all mixed up.

€4.50 a pint down here in the south. €6 a pint in the big smoke. Think I'll stay down here for the time being.😊

Ham   
6 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

I think Hudson Odoi is the real deal. His first touch was fantastic and Belarin couldn't get anywhere near him. Best player on the pitch last night.

Ampadu looks like he's a couple of years older than he really is. I liked the way he took control of marshalling the defence. Nice to see in a young lad.

I liked the look of Jorginho. Quietly efficient. His ball over the top to Hudson Odoi was lovely.

Morata no thanks. Bakayoko no thanks. Drinkwater is a good squad option if he's happy to be one.

Overall I liked the high line squeezing the play in their half. When we get the full team up and running with a decent goal scorer I reckon we should easily get a top 4 spot. 

Weird atmosphere with both sets of fans all mixed up.

€4.50 a pint down here in the south. €6 a pint in the big smoke. Think I'll stay down here for the time being.😊

Agree with every word of this.

On the atmosphere, Eire has always had a huge Arsenal following hence the disparity in the stands.  Goes right back to  the 1970s and David O'Leary , Liam Brady  and Pat Rice.  The rest are all Liverpool and  Man United fans.    Tony Cascarino  and  Andy Townsend were really Irish  and Damien  wasn't part of  a truly great Republic of Ireland team . 

1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

Spot on. When Hazard, Kante and Willian are back, all we'll need is someone up top to convert the chances... problem is who?

I like the look of Bulka. He's been with us two years already and he's only 18. If he carries on the way he's going now, we could well have ourselves a very good club-trained 'keeper for years to come.

Ham   
53 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Spot on. When Hazard, Kante and Willian are back, all we'll need is someone up top to convert the chances... problem is who?

I like the look of Bulka. He's been with us two years already and he's only 18. If he carries on the way he's going now, we could well have ourselves a very good club-trained 'keeper for years to come.

Bulka has done everything well. He's very tall, he has been good on crosses.  Good shot stopper.  He shouts at his defenders.  

Looks a proper prospect. 

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Bulka has done everything well. He's very tall, he has been good on crosses.  Good shot stopper.  He shouts at his defenders.  

Looks a proper prospect. 

More than any of those (important though they undoubtedly are), he radiates confidence and calmness. I know it's easier to get excited over a young winger than a young 'keeper, but at the moment he's up there with young Callum.

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

To be totally honest and I know to say this on here is tantamount to heresy but I simply cannot see RLC ever becoming a top player , if it was down to me I'd throw him into a deal to get Zaha from Palace .

RLC has everything you would need to be an exceptional player except "it" , , the X factor that makes a player Frank Lampard or John Terry , there's something missing  , I can never see the appeal , he's OK but little more for me.

I'm off to get my tin hat on now.

I always thought Lewis Baker was the better prospect, he scored and assisted and has great technique with both feet. RLC was always head and shoulders (literally) above his peers in terms of physique which made him look better because nobody could get near him. It's a shame Baker had such a bad loan last season if he had kicked on he could be the goal scoring midfielder we are craving, and maybe better suited to the 8 role. Not writing off RLC yet or heralding him as there yet, this really is the make or break season - should that be at Chelsea or given the chance to show what/if he can do over 38 games elsewhere?

Ham   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

More than any of those (important though they undoubtedly are), he radiates confidence and calmness. I know it's easier to get excited over a young winger than a young 'keeper, but at the moment he's up there with young Callum.

Agreed.  He really is. 

I forgot to even mention his distribution with his feet. Calmness personified. 

Rob B   
7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

To be totally honest and I know to say this on here is tantamount to heresy but I simply cannot see RLC ever becoming a top player , if it was down to me I'd throw him into a deal to get Zaha from Palace .

RLC has everything you would need to be an exceptional player except "it" , , the X factor that makes a player Frank Lampard or John Terry , there's something missing  , I can never see the appeal , he's OK but little more for me.

I'm off to get my tin hat on now.

I’m still not as convinced as others seem to be that’ll he’ll even remain with the squad this season

Could see a PL loan again, or a makeweight for another player 

RLC: has all the attributes but is missing that ‘Chelsea attitude’ and fire to unleash his potential. Barkley looks like he’s mentally clued in and fully accepting of the task on hand. Both are relatively unpolished so I give the edge to Barkley

CHO: Definitely the real deal. Once he perfects his shooting (after cutting to his right) he’ll be almost unstoppable. The ceiling is too high and we’ve only seen a sliver of his capability. 

Midfield gaps: as well as they performed yesterday it’s clear that Kanté is a massive key (in place of fabregas) to balance the midfield. Also once Hazard slots in, I expect his productivity to increase tangibly. 

Striker: massive gap. Morata is not it if the club hopes to at a minimum finish top 4 this season. 

Otherwise, so far so good. 

I missed this game ,thankfully in Morata's case but annoyingly in Hudson Odis case.

I don't think I have ever seen so much praise for a young player on here. No one seems to have doubts on what he can become, which is exciting to hear. I really hope he comes through ....something to smile about and look forward to at last :) 

I'm just hoping Sarri sees what everyone else is seeing.