• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to The FA Community Shield match against Manchester City at Wembley Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Sunday 5th August, 2018 (Local UK time/date)

Ham   

Nothing less than 3 points will suffice. 

Sea foot   

Must win game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Hazard must start.

Is he even back in training? I think they (Cahill, Bats, Kanté, Giroud, Courtois and Hazard) get back on Saturday...

Willian, if he isn't up to engineering a move away, should make a second half appearance. I think the team will be;

Caballero

Azpilicueta - Rüdiger - Luiz - Alonso

Fabregas - Jorginho - Barkley

Pedro - Morata - Hudson-Odoi

Subs: Green, Christensen, Drinkwater, Loftus-Cheek, Moses, Willian, Abraham

It seems Fabregas is injured. I think that Drinkwater is the next best option for the no.6 role. I'd have Ampadu ahead of Bakayoko on the bench. 

We can make 6 subs. City are as undermanned as we are so I expect this will be a very friendly community shield.

chara   

Not Willy..the young lad should play....Willy is done.has not looked up to it for a while...go with the boy …(not RobG! who I think should be #3 if TC stays...)

Nothing more than a pre-season friendly for me. Means nothing TBH.

Hazard only gets back today, no chance he plays. And Hudson-Odoi deserves to start anyway. I'd pick Bulka in goal - guy has talent and temprament, had a good pre-season.

Can't see us winning, but a good performance would be important.

My team: Bulka, Dave, Christensen, Rudiger, Emerson, Fabregas, Jorginho, Barkley/RLC, Pedro. Abraham (I want us to actually score), Hudson-Odoi.

Likely team: Caballero, Dave, Luiz, Rudiger, Alonso, Fabregas. Jorginho, Barkley, Pedro. Morata, Hudson-Odoi.

6 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

It seems Fabregas is injured. I think that Drinkwater is the next best option for the no.6 role. I'd have Ampadu ahead of Bakayoko on the bench. 

Yes that is very unfortunate. Agree that this most likely means Drinkwater starts. 

I would also be tempted to include Ampadu on the bench ahead of Bayakoko. Surely he must be sold/loaned out this summer? Still think that Sarri will include him on the bench.  

15 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I think the team will be;

Caballero

Azpilicueta - Rüdiger - Luiz - Alonso

Fabregas Drinkwater - Jorginho - Barkley

Pedro - Morata - Hudson-Odoi

Subs: Green, Christensen, Bakayoko, Loftus-Cheek, Moses, Willian, Abraham

56 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I'd pick Bulka in goal - guy has talent and temprament, had a good pre-season.

Bulka seems a real talent no doubt. Already been here two season so only need one more to count as home-grown in the club-trained fashion. Even if he doesn't evolve into a potential GK1 for us, there's still GK2 and GK3 he can fill long-term. 

I also like the look of him. 

asvaberg   
On 8/2/2018 at 0:11 AM, Ham said:

Nothing less than 3 points will suffice. 

I suppose you mean "win". No points for winners/drawers in this match, you know :)