• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 2

On 05/08/2018 at 4:56 PM, Bison said:

The gap between the two teams is staggering.

Of course it is. They finished 30 points above us last season. 

Just now, Gormangorman said:

bizarre question

Only if you can't understand it. It's quite straightforward. You said you weren't interested in the past when in fact in your post before that you'd just said that it was embarrassing how the club had been run in the past few years.

Get it?

Agreed quite clearly City won't be our competitors this season, however pretty sure some of these shrugging this off as a non-result won't be so forthcoming when this performance is likely repeated next Saturday and we get turned over by relegation fodder.

Morata is a shell of a player and unfortunately I think we're going to have to get shot of him ASAP. Looks like he has even less confidence than Torres when he arrived.

Not so worried by the overall performance, we were missing our best two players after all. More concerned with a few specific players: Morata and Alonso especially. 

On 05/08/2018 at 4:57 PM, Kezza said:

Why don't you focus on being out of Europe and 30 points behind the league winners?

I do. I blame one man.

Today has nothing to do with that.

2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Only if you can't understand it. It's quite straightforward. You said you weren't interested in the past when in fact in your post before that you'd just said that it was embarrassing how the club had been run in the past few years.

Get it?

No idea what your point is but you seem more determined to pick a fight rather than look at all that is wrong with the football team.

1 minute ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Agreed quite clearly City won't be our competitors this season, however pretty sure some of these shrugging this off as a non-result won't be so forthcoming when this performance is likely repeated next Saturday and we get turned over by relegation fodder.

Morata is a shell of a player and unfortunately I think we're going to have to get shot of him ASAP. Looks like he has even less confidence than Torres when he arrived.

Exactly

We've made little progress by the looks of it. It's not so much the gulf in class and quality between us and City. It's more that we don't look as if we're going to be able to overtake the teams who finished above us last season. 

We're going nowhere. If I was Hazard I'd be on the phone to my agent right now.  

Leo91   

Couldn't catch the game bar the last 15 minutes. From what I've read and heard, the performance wasn't good. But the performance today doesn't matter. What matters is next week. One thing I will say, the back four cannot convert to type of back off, back off, back off the attacking player with possession. You need to be aggressive and hold your defensive line and make the attacker try something. Look at how Real Madrid played in their pomp with Pepe and Ramos, two defenders that attacked the ball.