• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 2

6 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I have no idea why we’d go to the trouble of bringing in Sarri if we’re not going to back him in the transfer market.

The last two guys, JM and Conte, were multiple league winners with double the reputation and probably triple the wages.
Sarri is precisely teh guy you'd want if you aren't going to back him in the transfer market.

Or precisely the guy you'd want if your were into a long term re-build, buying stars for the future but not bothering about the first team today.

Last time we were re-building we sacked CA and hired young AVB, followed by RDM.  Then having bought a stack of talent we went for 2 experienced winners.

kev61   
2 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I have no idea why we’d go to the trouble of bringing in Sarri if we’re not going to back him in the transfer market.

Seems pretty clear that he asked for several players to come in but that Marina in her wisdom decided that she knows better. 

Now we’re lumbered with Barkley, Morata and Luiz instead of the likes of Golovin, Higuain and Rugani. 

Still a few days to get the transfer window right. At least give the manager a chance. Otherwise we’re setting up the guy for a terrible fall. 

I agree,, have never had a knee jerk reaction to any player or manager I take my time evaluating both but morata is a player we should get rid of as soon as possible - have we learned nothing from Torres?. With the players we have Sarri is expected to make a silk purse out of sow's ear.The writing was on the wall for a long time that we were in decline Conte came in and raised our hopes briefly but this board will drag us down.

4 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I agree,, have never had a knee jerk reaction to any player or manager I take my time evaluating both but morata is a player we should get rid of as soon as possible - have we learned nothing from Torres?. With the players we have Sarri is expected to make a silk purse out of sow's ear.The writing was on the wall for a long time that we were in decline Conte came in and raised our hopes briefly but this board will drag us down.

It's an express elevator to hell, going down!

Jasonb   
49 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It will be interesting to see what Sarri  does in the coming weeks and if (which is vital)we sign at least three more players.He has already identified midfield as a problem so that's a positive but that is only part of the problem albeit the biggest problem imo.

Barkley,Drinkwater,Alonso,Fabregas and Morata have no place a premiership challenging team.We are faced with a damage limitation season and that clearly to me  is caused by a clueless board.

We signed a new manager late, we had our two best players in the last rounds of the world cup absent today.

Agree we need to strengthen and would think if not now (this week)  then January and if it does not happen then the free-spending glory days are probably over. 

kev61   
3 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

We signed a new manager late, we had our two best players in the last rounds of the world cup absent today.

Agree we need to strengthen and would think if not now (this week)  then January and if it does not happen then the free-spending glory days are probably over. 

Yes but we can't rely on Hazard(and I agree with however said Hazard should be on the phone to his agent to get him out of there)and Kante.The desparity of talent among our players is huge we need to reduce this disparity with a few players that can compete in the premiership at the highest level.

Jasonb   
3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Yes but we can't rely on Hazard(and I agree with however said Hazard should be on the phone to his agent to get him out of there)and Kante.The desparity of talent among our players is huge we need to reduce this disparity with a few players that can compete in the premiership at the highest level.

It seemed to me we were relying on Kante and Hazard nearly all last season, yes we need some better players unless Sarri can bring some through though would expect us to sign someone.

I didn't get to see the game as was out, but I got to page 7 of the match day forum and jumped to the end and ignored everything else - people moaning already... seriously? New manager, new system, hasn't been able to work with the full squad yet... what do people expect? It's also against the strongest team in the division who have the same manager and pretty much the same team as last season.

People moan our board has no patience, but with some of our fanbase, they don't have a chance to be!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just seen the post match Sarri interview and he seemed happy enough so go figure .

As Droy says , let's see how we look come October .

Not going off just this game but I mentioned before he doesn't have that born to win mentallity others do and is just happy to be here. His interviews show a focus on fun and not winning. Personally I feel people underestimated Conte a bit and might be in for a shock. 

Expecting immediate impact is of course unrealistic but impatience from the board has clearly filtered down to fan level so will be interesting to see if October is soon enough. A lot of people might have to stand by their claims of happiness with good football over challenging for trophies and we've not even seen any good football yet.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Sack him now don't wait for the inevitable!.

I'm surprised you say this Kev, given that for so long you were very much against the Mourinho safety first approach. Here we have someone who will try to play in an attacking style and you're not prepared to give him any time at all to make the changes.

8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I didn't get to see the game as was out, but I got to page 7 of the match day forum and jumped to the end and ignored everything else - people moaning already... seriously? New manager, new system, hasn't been able to work with the full squad yet... what do people expect? It's also against the strongest team in the division who have the same manager and pretty much the same team as last season.

People moan our board has no patience, but with some of our fanbase, they don't have a chance to be!

clownish comment, the opinions on an internet message board have no influence on what the board do.