• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 2

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I didn't get to see the game as was out, but I got to page 7 of the match day forum and jumped to the end and ignored everything else - people moaning already... seriously? New manager, new system, hasn't been able to work with the full squad yet... what do people expect? It's also against the strongest team in the division who have the same manager and pretty much the same team as last season.

People moan our board has no patience, but with some of our fanbase, they don't have a chance to be!

the point was that the team looked a shambles. Littered with errors , no quality no real effort. No one expected to win but to lose with such a massive gap was why people were moaning

It's not a great start.

kev61   
1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

I'm surprised you say this Kev, given that for so long you were very much against the Mourinho safety first approach. Here we have someone who will try to play in an attacking style and you're not prepared to give him any time at all to make the changes.

Pete I was being ironic - I did say the last person to blame is Sarri.

1 minute ago, kev61 said:

Pete I was being ironic - I did say the last person to blame is Sarri.

Ah right. Sorry mate.

7 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

clownish comment, the opinions on an internet message board have no influence on what the board do.

Likewise, my tongue was definitely in my cheek with this comment.

6 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

the point was that the team looked a shambles. Littered with errors , no quality no real effort. No one expected to win but to lose with such a massive gap was why people were moaning

It's not a great start.

That't fine and I can't really comment as I didn't see the game, however we do need to be patient and give this new era time - it may well end in disaster, but I just get the feeling some people are expecting that and will therefore jump on any disappointing performance or result - both of which are inevitably going to happen over the course of the season.

Honestly I just want to be entertained again and to see our players working hard, enjoying and expressing themselves - of course I want us to win everything in sight as well, but in the short term I want the entertainment back, last season was painful.

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Likewise, my tongue was definitely in my cheek with this comment.

ah right, sorry mate.

But, if Marina is reading this on the train home, BUY SOME FKING PLAYERS!

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

That't fine and I can't really comment as I didn't see the game, however we do need to be patient and give this new era time - it may well end in disaster, but I just get the feeling some people are expecting that and will therefore jump on any disappointing performance or result - both of which are inevitably going to happen over the course of the season.

Honestly I just want to be entertained again and to see our players working hard, enjoying and expressing themselves - of course I want us to win everything in sight as well, but in the short term I want the entertainment back, last season was painful.

Amen to that, me too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

ah right, sorry mate.

But, if Marina is reading this on the train home, BUY SOME FKING PLAYERS!

No worries - one of the not so great things about not being able to display sarcasm in text... gets me in trouble a lot!

We could definitely do with the club making some more signings though, the window closing is so bad for us (as many other clubs) as Sarri has no time to see his entire squad and asses them to work out who will and who won't fit in his system and style. The club need patience to stick with him and then back him January - his side of that bargain is keeping us in contention for top 4 until January. Fingers crossed all ends well.

13 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

No worries - one of the not so great things about not being able to display sarcasm in text... gets me in trouble a lot!

We could definitely do with the club making some more signings though, the window closing is so bad for us (as many other clubs) as Sarri has no time to see his entire squad and asses them to work out who will and who won't fit in his system and style. The club need patience to stick with him and then back him January - his side of that bargain is keeping us in contention for top 4 until January. Fingers crossed all ends well.

Good points City stuck with Pep when he had a relatively poor first season and we must do the same with Sarri but this board is not known for its patience unfortunately.