• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 2

Leo91   

I personally believe the board will stick by the manager as long as the players still play for him. Mourinho and Conte both totally lost the dressing room. They would have stayed if not for the damage they caused. Sarri needs to play it cool.

2 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I personally believe the board will stick by the manager as long as the players still play for him. Mourinho and Conte both totally lost the dressing room. They would have stayed if not for the damage they caused. Sarri needs to play it cool.

Agree with this.

1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

Interesting game.

Clearly aftter two years with Pep and an old-school spend-up (the kind early Roman embarked on) City are the finished article.

Clearly after two or three weeks with Maurizio and our more parsimonious approach, we’re not.

They also had more of their top players back.

This is the part that people miss out when they say that Guardiola was given time at Man City after a difficult start and we must give Sarri the same time that City gave him.

Truth is they went on a huge splurge in the transfer market to get him the players he needed. 

If the Chelsea Board think they are going to get a kind of Pep Guardiola on the cheap, then it’ll be interesting to see what happens if results and good football seem pretty hard to come by and we crash out of the top four again. 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Honestly I just want to be entertained again and to see our players working hard, enjoying and expressing themselves - of course I want us to win everything in sight as well, but in the short term I want the entertainment back, last season was painful.

I think its the working hard bit the players don't really buy into.

kev61   
27 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I think the board will stick with a manager that doesn't  question their authority in short a yes man.I think the board lost the manager and in turn lost the players and in turn will lose the fans.

24 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

This is the part that people miss out when they say that Guardiola was given time at Man City after a difficult start and we must give Sarri the same time that City gave him.

Truth is they went on a huge splurge in the transfer market to get him the players he needed. 

If the Chelsea Board think they are going to get a kind of Pep Guardiola on the cheap, then it’ll be interesting to see what happens if results and good football seem pretty hard to come by and we crash out of the top four again. 

Pep by all accounts is said to have told the board he'd need ten new players if he was to join us .

That's why we now have Pep lite and one new player.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Pep by all accounts is said to have told the board he'd need ten new players if he was to join us .

That's why we now have Pep lite and one new player.

Diet Pep?

1 minute ago, Gormangorman said:

Diet Pep?

Si.

• Haha 2

Not sure which is going to finish off Sarri first. The five packets of fags a day he used to smoke or Mad Marina screaming in his face at some point , reminding him that he's "just a feccin' coach!".  

Did everyone see another difference between City's and our players other than the yawning chasm of ability ?

De Bruyne and Kompany showed up to play or support the team .

Hazard phoned in to ask if he could come in Monday .

You can't coach that either , it comes from inside you.