• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 2

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Pep by all accounts is said to have told the board he'd need ten new players if he was to join us .

That's why we now have Pep lite and one new player.

So 10 players to join us - the team that had won the PL the year before and would win it the next season.

Makes you wonder just what he demanded from City  (and got)

Riyad Mahrez Leicester £61.02m
Aymeric Laporte Athletic £58.50m
Benjamin Mendy Monaco £51.75m
Kyle Walker Spurs £47.43m
Bernardo Silva Monaco £45.00m
Ederson Benfica £36.00m
Danilo Real Madrid £27.00m
Douglas Luiz Vasco da Gama £10.80m
John Stones Everton £50.04m
Leroy Sané FC Schalke 04 £45.45m
Gabriel Jesus Palmeiras £28.80m
Ilkay Gündogan Bor. Dortmund £24.30m
Nolito Celta de Vigo £16.20m
Claudio Bravo FC Barcelona £16.20m
Marlos Moreno Atl. Nacional £4.95m
Gerónimo Rulli Maldonado £4.23m

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So 10 players to join us - the team that had won the PL the year before and would win it the next season.

Ederson Benfica £36.00m

In a nutshell .

That's why they're miles better than us . 

I think in essence St Pep was suggesting Hazard and Courtois could stay the rest weren't good enough .

Edited by Mark Kelly

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Did everyone see another difference between City's and our players other than the yawning chasm of ability ?

De Bruyne and Kompany showed up to play or support the team .

Hazard phoned in to ask if he could come in Monday .

You can't coach that either , it comes from inside you.

My guess is that's Kompany making that happen as much as anything else. We are desperate for a true leader in the squad, the gap still left by JT is huge.

If Terry were still around, my guess is he would have been on the phone to Hazard, Kante, Bats etc and explained that they should get back and show support for the team and impress the new manager and explain how great it is under this new guy etc etc... in fact they probably wouldn't have needed the call as the togetherness he helped form was huge.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue
  • Like 1

Ham   
3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

My guess is that's Kompany making that happen as much as anything else. We are desperate for a true leader in the squad, the gap still left by JT is huge.

If Terry were still around, my guess is he would have been on the phone to Hazard, Kante, Bats etc and explained that they should get back and show support for the team and impress the new manager and explain how great it is under this new guy etc etc... in fact they probably wouldn't have needed the call as the togetherness he helped form was huge.

If any positives were needed from today, we sold out our entire allocation and the champions did this......

Huge club. 

20180805_150035.jpg

kev61   
22 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

In a nutshell .

That's why they're miles better than us . 

I think in essence St Pep was suggesting Hazard and Courtois could stay the rest weren't good enough .

I just wish we stop signing the Scott parkers of this world and even less talented.It takes a group of people to achieve this and not one person.I will say again Utd have Ferguson and Charlton who have we got?

We need football people that have played the game at a high level and know a gold coin from from a chocolate coin wrapped in gold paper

Edited by kev61

kev61   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ederson Benfica £36.00m

Yes indeed excellent post.

Morata has got to go, either on a loan or sale. His bad Karma is not helping. I'd rather approach the coming season with Giroud, Bats and Abraham as our 3 strikers. As soon as Abraham came on he had a presence on the pitch. He made runs of the ball , he was aggressive and most importantly seemed to have confidence.  I'd rather see Hudson-O as a CF than Morata. 

I'd also consider 4-4-2 with Kante in front of back 4 . In front of Kante we need the right balance of 3 midfielders (no idea who they might be right now) and then possibly  Giroud and Hazard as the two up front.  Bats could also work well with a partner up front who can put him in on goal because he will score when given the opportunity.  We don't have natural wingers or wide men (Zappo maybe) so why are trying to invent them in a 4-3-3. Charlie Cook and Pat Nevin are no longer in the team.

xCELERYx   
6 hours ago, Kezza said:

What do we really expect? Sarri and Jorginho to be gods? This team is virtually unchanged from the garbage displayed last season. And everybody said it's Conte.

Not everybody. We're not a balanced collective of a side. While we've got some solid individual players, too many have glaring holes in their games that need to be covered. It gets to a point where the manager can only plug so many tactically. 

Has been this way for awhile. I can't see us being solid defensively with any CB combination we have. While offensively everything is going to hinge on Hazard once more carrying the attack. 

11 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

He made runs of the ball , he was aggressive and most importantly seemed to have confidence.

Much more so than his last run out.  I think it isn't confidence, it is the smell of a chance of being No 2 to Giroud and 40% of the teams minutes that made him try so hard.
Giroud will be 32 by end September by when he ought to have done enough training to be the lead No 9.

xCELERYx   
4 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

Good points City stuck with Pep when he had a relatively poor first season and we must do the same with Sarri but this board is not known for its patience unfortunately.

Pep also was afforded the control to gut his side after the first season and spend big to bring in players suited to his vision. That's not how we operate.