• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 2

9 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Callum looks very short of confidence, always going back instead of attacking Walker

Actually walker respects his speed and has been backing off which forces CHO to cut in field. 

2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Give him time for goodness sake! He's hardly been here at all yet and his best players ares still not back yet either. We have some good attacking players who will definitely benefit from his style of playing, but they can't do much when they're not here.

On top of that, we are playing against the team that swept all before them in the PL last year.

Spot on Pete. We are going to have a slow start to the season and hopefully come good in the latter.

Bison   

Fabregas, Jorginho and Alonso can't run.

Morata, Barkley and Pedro are all unintelligent footballers who make the wrong decision more often than not.

It's going to be a very long season.

JaneB   
1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

Give him time for goodness sake! He's hardly been here at all yet and his best players ares still not back yet either. We have some good attacking players who will definitely benefit from his style of playing, but they can't do much when they're not here.

On top of that, we are playing against the team that swept all before them in the PL last year.

Couldn't agree more.

We're 45 minutes into a new season.  I refuse to be downhearted 😀

(and didn't I read somewhere the other day that Cesc was injured?)

I get in the match day forum is it traditional to be moody if we are not 3-0 up within 10 minutes but -

I) we are still without a number of key players.

ii) Man City are probably the best English team right now, it isn’t easy to look amazing and create lots of chances

iii) anyone who expects Sarri to have us playing Champaign football this quickly having only been in place for 4 weeks without lots of the squad needs to have a word with themselves

iv) it’s only half time and a glorified pre season friendly 

6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

You beat me to it!

This is painful viewing, the only way we might get something is if Bravo chucks one in.

Doesn't bode well for the season, Sarri will be gone by Christmas.

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Couldn't agree more.

We're 45 minutes into a new season.  I refuse to be downhearted 😀

(and didn't I read somewhere the other day that Cesc was injured?)

Well he certainly doesn't look like he's at full speed today for sure, so I reckon that's probably the case.

6 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

Drinkwater bineg warmed up already, Sarri clearly not happy with the midfield and who can blame him, Barkley and Fabregas have been woeful.

No surprise there. That midfield has been unbalanced each time I’ve watched them this preseason. I reckon fabregas will give way for drinkwater. Also, I’d swap Tammy in for Morata. 

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

I think you've taken my post as an attack on Sarri, but it isn't. I've not even started to give him time, because giving him any sort of time would imply that he has the right tools to do the job. He needs better players and if our whole attack is non existent just because Hazard isn't playing then it just makes my point all the more. I actually feel sorry for him, the team is missing a few players but those few are really only Kante and Hazard, that's it really.

Yes we are definitely playing a team that's far better than us, but that's the point, they shouldn't be, we should have the right players at the club to challenge them; that's IF the club wants to mount a real challenge for the top prizes.