• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 2

It's clear to me the team has just not had enough time to transition to a completely different style of football. If the club is serious about changing and adopting "Sarriball", it's going to take a lot of time and patience. The problem is that's not something we're particularly known for (mind you, we've won plenty of trophies regardless)

chelboy   

CHO and Barkley been lively. Cesc and Jorginho combo I think is very bad. Both not offering much defensively. Missing Kante big time. City have kept targeting Alonso more often. He really looks uncomfortable in a back 4. Feel like he can be beaten every 1-on-1.

1 minute ago, GURJ SS said:

I think you've taken my post as an attack on Sarri, but it isn't. I've not even started to give him time, because giving him any sort of time would imply that he has the right tools to do the job. He needs better players and if our whole attack is non existent just because Hazard isn't playing then it just makes my point all the more. I actually feel sorry for him, the team is missing a few players but those few are really only Kante and Hazard, that's it really.

Yes we are definitely playing a team that's far better than us, but that's the point, they shouldn't be, we should have the right players at the club to challenge them; that's IF the club wants to mount a real challenge for the top prizes.

Its clear they don't.  Top four is the new ambition with this board. We are the new Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Bee said:

I get in the match day forum is it traditional to be moody if we are not 3-0 up within 10 minutes but -

I) we are still without a number of key players.

ii) Man City are probably the best English team right now, it isn’t easy to look amazing and create lots of chances

iii) anyone who expects Sarri to have us playing Champaign football this quickly having only been in place for 4 weeks without lots of the squad needs to have a word with themselves

iv) it’s only half time and a glorified pre season friendly 

We haven't got the players to play Sarriball and the board won't fork out for them . The best coach in the world cannot get Alonso and Fabregas to be quick around the pitch . They are dreadfully , painfully slow , they'd lose a foot race to a tree. No amount of coaching will change that.

Bison   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

We haven't got the players to play Sarriball and the board won't fork out for them . The best coach in the world cannot get Alonso and Fabregas to be quick around the pitch . They are dreadfully , painfully slow , they'd lose a foot race to a tree. No amount of coaching will change that.

If we're going to call out players for being slow then it's only fair to add Jorginho to that group. He may even be slower than both of them.

Will Kante ever have midfield partners he doesn't have to babysit?

GURJ SS   
Just now, Bison said:

If we're going to call out players for being slow then it's only fair to add Jorginho to that group. He may even be slower than both of them.

Depends on what position you play, a deeplying midfielder doesn't really need pace. But the two either side of him need it, think Pirlo with Pogba and Vidal either side. They don't need mega pace but they need to be able to go box to box and have enough recovery pace; Cesc hasn't got the legs and Barkley just doesn't fancy it. We haven't got great options but at the moment we'd improve vastly by just putting Moses and Zappa on either side of Jorge; just because they'd have the legs to go box to box, and that's more me highlighting the faults in Cesc and Barkley than implying Moses and Zappa can play those roles.

6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Yep. Painfully slow.

However , one is workable , two out of three,  nope.

Biggest problem is still CM, we still have no goalscoring threat, a lack of pace and lack of bite. As I have been saying for weeks a proper No.8 is absolutely vital for this formation. As for Alonso, who seems to be a certain section of this forums favourite not s**t scapgoat, He would not have such an issue if he was supported by the No.8 who is not letting everyone run past him. 

I don't think it helps when the opposition are so good that you cannot see any of your own players improving them.

Men against boys in terms of quality , which I suppose they should be considering the money they spent in assembling the squad.