• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 2

kev61   
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep. Painfully slow.

However , one is workable , two out of three,  nope.

Correct

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We haven't got the players to play Sarriball and the board won't fork out for them . The best coach in the world cannot get Alonso and Fabregas to be quick around the pitch . They are dreadfully , painfully slow , they'd lose a foot race to a tree. No amount of coaching will change that.

I disagree, the Everton game at home the season before last showed the quality of football this team can play.  There have been a few changes in personnel since then but not much.

In Zola’s interview a few weeks ago he said that the club and the fans will need to show patience, here we are half time of the first (semi) competitive game and already you are convinced he will never get there.

You May be right of course but at least give them a bit of time to try.

Bison   
2 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Depends on what position you play, a deeplying midfielder doesn't really need pace. But the two either side of him need it, think Pirlo with Pogba and Vidal either side. They don't need mega pace but they need to be able to go box to box and have enough recovery pace; Cesc hasn't got the legs and Barkley just doesn't fancy it. We haven't got great options but at the moment we'd improve vastly by just putting Moses and Zappa on either side of Jorge; just because they'd have the legs to go box to box, and that's more me highlighting the faults in Cesc and Barkley than implying Moses and Zappa can play those roles.

Totally agree. The style Sarri wants requires the majority of the players (if not all) to have technique, pace and stamina. City have that in abundance. As I'm typibf this, I've just seen Bernado Solva jog past Fabregas as he wasn't there. Just embarrassing really.

I'm starting to think Sarri won't last long because what he wants to do and the players at his disposal couldn't be further apart.

Kezza   
38 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Really unimpressive so far. It's Hazard or bust with us. 

Transfer window is almost done and we're still carrying a lot of dead wood.

Warning signs are there.

Too late to be concerned. That should have started 2 weeks ago. Many on here didn't felt there was any need to worry then.

1 minute ago, Johnny Bee said:

I disagree, the Everton game at home the season before last showed the quality of football this team can play.  There have been a few changes in personnel since then but not much.

In Zola’s interview a few weeks ago he said that the club and the fans will need to show patience, here we are half time of the first (semi) competitive game and already you are convinced he will never get there.

You May be right of course but at least give them a bit of time to try.

Exactly Johnny.

kev61   

When I see the likes of city play in midfield I hear the theme tune of Miami vice - when I see us play I hear the theme tune of Steptoe and Son.