• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Lyon 0 (Chelsea win 5-4 on penalties)

Sir   

Goals goals goals.. a complete and utterly worrying and predictable lack of them. 

31 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Interesting last quarter of an hour... back four of Azpilicueta, Cahill, Rudiger & Alonso, midfield of Jorginho, Kante and Barkley and a front three of Hazard, Giroud and Piazon.

I would imagine that's 8 or 9 of Saturday's starting line-up

I'd be shocked to see Hazard, Cahill, Giroud or Piazon anywhere near the starting XI on saturday. The first three just returned to training on Monday. I'd assume they are in contention for a place on the bench perhaps. If not now so for Arsenal at home. For Huddersfield away I reckon we'll see;

Caballero; Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Luiz, Alonso; Fabregas, Jorginho, Barkley; Pedro, Morata, Willian/Hudson-Odoi

I'm not sure of Willian/CHO for the left wing position. 

Bench: Bulka, Christensen, Kanté, Loftus-Cheek, Hazard, Willian/CHO, Giroud/Abraham

29 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Completely different side with Kante in the middle. Higher midfield line, higher press. 

I think Kanté will be key for us this season. One of the candidates for PotY here at Chelsea and almost certainly for the PL team of the year. 

14 minutes ago, Sir said:

Goals goals goals.. a complete and utterly worrying and predictable lack of them. 

It's a big worry no doubt. 

Well Jorginho looks very good. I think our midfield might just be okay.

Wonder if that was Bakayoko's last game for us.

Tammy Abrahams best look for a loan quick. Probably now behind Piazon for a start.

Hope we're busy negotiating for Fekir behind the scenes. Desperately need another source of goals.

My guess is that is the last time we see Green on the pitch this season.
Ampadu was extremely good in a very average game.  Fortunately he is at the age where he just hangs around the team without occupying a proper squad position, so Sarri can pick him if and only if he wants to.

With very very few exceptions we have 26 mix and match players, and it really isn't going to make a lot of difference who gets picked.
If only we had 24 games in 11 1/2 weeks, Sarri would be quite able to alternate two teams, and no one could guess which was the first choice.  
Sarri's problem will be when we are down to 1 game a week and a max of 3 subs + 12 angry men.

I'm assuming as they didn't come on, Caballero, Luiz, Fabregas, Pedro and Morata start at the weekend.  
Then I'd guess Alonso, Azpi, Rudiger, Kante, Jorginho, and Willian/or/Hazard join them.

Kante looks like being encouraged to break forward this season - Good.  Jorginho and Hazard have clearly been informed.  One picked him out well and the other had a lovely backflick that made it 100% clear he expected Kante to sprint beyond him deep into the oppo half.

Leo91   

We're going to be heavily reliant on Kante. We have no one who offers anything half as good as he does. 

39 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

We're going to be heavily reliant on Kante. We have no one who offers anything half as good as he does. 

Nor does anyone else!

Leo91   

There must be a poundland version out there we can sit on the bench though. 

kev61   
16 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

There must be a poundland version out there we can sit on the bench though. 

There is and he plays for us, Luiz.We have enough cover at the back that can put in a decent shift however in midfield we are weak.I would try Luiz  in there with Jorginho and Kante he Has to be better than Drinkwater or Barkley and no need to mention Yoko.

25 minutes ago, kev61 said:

There is and he plays for us, Luiz.We have enough cover at the back that can put in a decent shift however in midfield we are weak.I would try Luiz  in there with Jorginho and Kante he Has to be better than Drinkwater or Barkley and no need to mention Yoko.

There is a Rolls Royce version too.  The CB that did most to push into midfield last season.  Azpilicueta would be ideal at CM.