• Current Donation Goals

Zoowraa   

Difficult team to call for the first game.I would go for something along these lines, though I don't expect it will be this team.

Kepa, Azpilicueta,Christensen,Luiz,Alonso,Kante,Jorginho,RLC,Hudson Odoi,Morata,Willian

First game of the season.

We'll probably get Kepa sent off for handling in the area , Cesc sent off for arguing about the decision and three wrongly awarded penalties against us .

Mind you , I don't think SKY and the PGMOL are that scared of us this season.

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mind you , I don't think SKY and the PGMOL are that scared of us this season.

It'll be as honest a season for the refs as we have ever had.  Much like last season when City were walking away with everything early on.

Based on fitness levels I'd go with:

Kepa 

Azpilicueta Rüdiger Christensen Alonso 

Drinkwater Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Morata Hudson-Odoi 

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Kanté, Fabregas, William, Hazard, Abraham

Not involved: Green, Zappacosta, Cahill, Ampadu, Palmieri, Bakayoko, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Moses, Giroud. Massive squad!

I think Drinkwater will be loaned by the end of the month but at the moment Kanté and Kovacic aren't fit whilst Fabregas and Jorginho together is too slow.

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

That really does show that we can expect a couple of departures prior to 31 August. If CHO is a serious option for Sarri (and this remains to be seen) then there really is no room for Moses, whilst Kovacic, Jorginho, RLC and Barkley should put pay to DD and Bakayoko (who you have not mentioned at all) 

If that is the XI that starts, then if the game is level with half hour to go, there is serious fire power on the bench. Imagine bringing on Hazard, Willian and Giroud for the last half hour against tiring legs.

I left Bakayoko out as I expect him to be out on loan to Milan before he end of the european window, same as the other players I missed out (Zouma, Piazon etc out on loan). The players I've mentioned missing out are the ones I expect to hang around. Having a big squad is good, we haven't had it for a long time and it cost us so much last season (less so the season before as we had fewer games).

I see it as:

First team:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rudiger Christensen Alonso

Kovacic Jorginho Kante

Willian Giroud Hazard

Back up:

Caballero

Zappa Luiz Cahill Emerson

Barkley Fabregas Drinkwater

Pedro Morata CHO

Reserve back up:

GK: Green
FB: Moses
CB: Ampadu
CM: Ampadu/RLC
AM: RLC
STK: Tammy

Which means we have 2 players for every position plus enough to cover serious injury/suspension crisis. Can Sarri keep them all happy, who knows, it won't be easy, but Thursday night football will help.

Faramir   
9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

That really does show that we can expect a couple of departures prior to 31 August. If CHO is a serious option for Sarri (and this remains to be seen) then there really is no room for Moses, whilst Kovacic, Jorginho, RLC and Barkley should put pay to DD and Bakayoko (who you have not mentioned at all) 

If that is the XI that starts, then if the game is level with half hour to go, there is serious fire power on the bench. Imagine bringing on Hazard, Willian and Giroud for the last half hour against tiring legs.

One of the good things about this transfer window is that Sarri (and the board) does not have to rush into loaning out a few of our squad players. He can keep those 'fringe' players around for the next two weeks before determining who he wants to keep and who can go out on loan... to a European team.

Edited by Faramir

Faramir   
15 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

CHO

Reserve back up:

GK: Green
FB: Moses
CB: Ampadu
CM: Ampadu/RLC
AM: RLC
STK: Tammy

This "Reserve back up" part of the squad is where I get concerned for the likes of CHO and Ampadu. If their game time is going to be severely limited then it is better for them to go out on loan. But if Sarri intends to use them in certain games (Europa League, League Cup) then by all means keep them with the squad.

United get first minute penalty .

We're definitely getting players sent off now .

Ham   

United look awful.  Getting owned by Chilwell and Madison.