• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
50 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Are you saying that because a player has won some trophies and played some games at the highest level they can't have weaknesses? 

No. he's saying that he is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. You can't be that bad with a CV like his.

Ham   
5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

No. he's saying that he is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. You can't be that bad with a CV like his.

He's a good defender and that's why he has all of those trophies but like I said, not great with the ball at his feet.  

Definitely a weak link when we're in possession. 

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

He can't be that bad with the ball in possession while being under pressure because of his cv?

A rather simplistic view wouldn't you agree?

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

He can't be that bad with the ball in possession while being under pressure because of his cv?

A rather simplistic view wouldn't you agree?

Very simple I'd have said.  

kev61   
17 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I you are not happy with the direction the club is going,  you can always change allegiance

A very lazy answer.If I didn't care I could always bah like a sheep.

kev61   
12 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Umm - over 200 appearances for the first team

2 x PL

2 x FA cups

1 x League Cup

1 X CL

1 x Europa Cup

your right Cahill is w@nk. I feel sorry for all those team mates who have been carrying him for years and the dumb managers who pick him week in week out?

We carried Mikel for years take a look at his cv,but obviously you disagree.Cahill is a decent squad player and a decent person but not a top class player.

BlueWill   
On 15/08/2018 at 9:00 AM, Ham said:

If you can't see how Cahill has always been a rabbit in the headlights with the ball at his feet when even slight closed down then you can't have been watching Chelsea.

He panics and then, perhaps to keep his completion stats intact, gives a hospital pass to a teammate. Either that or he gets caught in possession himself.

Am I misremembering the fact that a smaller team admitted targetting him as he was the weak link in possession last year?  

Spot on Mate. I was surprised he lasted a whole title winning season at LCB, but that was more to do with Marcos and Matic helping out. Once Matic had gone he was exposed and if your first touch is poor + there are limited passing options you will panic and sometimes do the wrong thing. Playing in the middle of the 3 affords more protection and time to pick the right option. It's partly why I strongly advocated GC as best available selectable CB for the Camp Nou.

21 minutes ago, BlueWill said:

. Once Matic had gone he was exposed

for pace?  from runners out of midfield?   in the air?

paulw66   
13 hours ago, kev61 said:

We carried Mikel for years take a look at his cv

Incredibly he was picked pretty frequently by 8 different managers. Were they all wrong and you are right?

kev61   
7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

were they all wrong and you are right?

In a word yes.

Edited by kev61