• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

Seven year contract ( clever Marina ) .

Looks like we've got ourselves a "keeper" .

Well done all.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Seven year contract ( clever Marina ) .

Looks like we've got ourselves a "keeper" .

Well done all.

its transfer deadline day

will Jim white be wearing his yellow Kepa tie today?

I'll get my coat

bert19   

Really finding myself very chuffed with this one.  Despite having seen very little if anything of the lad actually goalkeeping.  Just feels like we've made a real statement of intent signing him.  Hoping he's a fantastic goalkeeper for us for some considerable time ahead. 

GURJ SS   

A very good keeper that looks to not have reached his full potential yet, I think he is probably on par with Tibo at the moment. However it's a lot of money, and I think Tibo leaving made us quickly act, maybe a bit too quickly and slowly at the same time.

I'm not saying we didn't need a keeper, but £70M possibly gets us 1 world class player to partner Hazard in the final third, either a wide man or striker; and we could have done with Joe Hart for 1 season and addressed other areas of the pitch.

Overall though I'm happy to have Tibo leave and Kepa come in, a player who doesn't want to be here for a player who does is always a bonus. On another note, I was hoping we'd do the same to Willian, if reports of £60M are true we're mad to not cash in and get someone who is a regular goal scorer.

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Welcome, Kepa. 

Going to be odd having a keeper with a smile.

This. The "loss" of Tibo may in fact be a big bonus. 

No doubt this is a very intelligent young man who says all the right things. He's quite clearly also been briefed on who he replaces at the club...

“I would like to be remembered at this club [...] as a goalkeeper that has helped the club win a lot of titles [and also] on a personal level [...] as someone who got on with everyone, a likeable person who people enjoyed having around.”

Welcome to Chelsea Kepa!

40 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I'm not saying we didn't need a keeper, but £70M possibly gets us 1 world class player to partner Hazard in the final third, either a wide man or striker; and we could have done with Joe Hart for 1 season and addressed other areas of the pitch.

I guess we'll all have a slightly different idea on what 'world class' means, but unfortunately I think this is where you are wrong; if reports have anything to them (and I admit, I largely think they don't) £70m wouldn't have got you Zaha, Bailey, Pusilic etc., never mind top-table established attacking quality. The days of getting a Hazard or Willian for £30m-odd are long gone, and you now need to pay twice as much for potential. That we had to pay £70m for a keeper with less than 100 senior starts in their career tells you exactly that.