• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

I read alarming stats today about Kepa. Obviously a solid defence will improve a keepers stats but these are nevertheless worrying for Kepa. 

He/We have conceded the 5th most goals in the league.

Kepa is bottom of the table for clearance punches. 

Kepa is bottom of the table for saves made. 

In fact every stat you look at is a serious cause for concern. They haven't got a stat for most brain farts but if they did he would top that table too. 

These stats are no surprise at all. More often than not Oppo shoot oppo score. I dont care what goalkeeping coach they put in charge of him , he's just too small and they can't make him grow. If he made up for it with incredible reflexes and bravery it would help, but he's bang average in every department.  It can get bad for team moral too, as a lot of great work can be undone in a moment of Keppaness...he is our Achilles heel imo.   71 mill or not we need to ship him out at end of season. 

Jasonb   

Unless we see an improvement before season's end I think an upgrade is needed. 

He is not terrible just not good.

22 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I read alarming stats today about Kepa. Obviously a solid defence will improve a keepers stats but these are nevertheless worrying for Kepa. 

He/We have conceded the 5th most goals in the league.

Kepa is bottom of the table for clearance punches. 

Kepa is bottom of the table for saves made. 

In fact every stat you look at is a serious cause for concern. They haven't got a stat for most brain farts but if they did he would top that table too. 

These stats are no surprise at all. More often than not Oppo shoot oppo score. I dont care what goalkeeping coach they put in charge of him , he's just too small and they can't make him grow. If he made up for it with incredible reflexes and bravery it would help, but he's bang average in every department.  It can get bad for team moral too, as a lot of great work can be undone in a moment of Keppaness...he is our Achilles heel imo.   71 mill or not we need to ship him out at end of season. 

It is a concern, personally, I would still say a small concern at this stage and I think we need to persist with him as he is a huge long term investment.

In fairness to him, I cannot recall to many obvious error for the goals we have conceded. He has come up against deflections (City, Burnley) , goals conceded from set pieces ( which I accept he has a contribution towards), a couple of OG's in there this season that be could do nothing about really and in the early stages of the season, some naive and causal defending that has left him quite exposed.

Yes he certainly needs to start showing improvement in his game and I believe it will come. I believe we need to invest in some serious competition for him, but I think its too early to start writing him off and I don't think you can solely point the finger in his direction for majority of the goals conceded this season.

Just like we give Tomori, Mount, Abraham time, I think we need to give that same time to Kepa. He has not played 300 senior games under his belt and he is still probably 4-5 years away from his peak age for a GK Yes he cost £71 million, but that's purely down to a contractual point from a club who are very good at extracting full value for their players.  However, I accept that he does need to make some changes, whether its mental or something that can be worked on in training/coaching, to show improvement in his game in the coming weeks/months.

I'm not giving up on him yet and due to the outlay for him, I don't think the club will either.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

15 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

It is a concern, personally, I would still say a small concern at this stage and I think we need to persist with him as he is a huge long term investment.

In fairness to him, I cannot recall to many obvious error for the goals we have conceded. He has come up against deflections (City, Burnley) , goals conceded from set pieces ( which I accept he has a contribution towards), a couple of OG's in there this season that be could do nothing about really and in the early stages of the season, some naive and causal defending that has left him quite exposed.

Yes he certainly needs to start showing improvement in his game and I believe it will come. I believe we need to invest in some serious competition for him, but I think its too early to start writing him off and I don't think you can solely point the finger in his direction for majority of the goals conceded this season.

Just like we give Tomori, Mount, Abraham time, I think we need to give that same time to Kepa. He has not played 300 senior games under his belt and he is still probably 4-5 years away from his peak age for a GK Yes he cost £71 million, but that's purely down to a contractual point from a club who are very good at extracting full value for their players.  However, I accept that he does need to make some changes, whether its mental or something that can be worked on in training/coaching, to show improvement in his game in the coming weeks/months.

I'm not giving up on him yet and due to the outlay for him, I don't think the club will either.

The thing that I find most galling is that with just a tiny bit of foresight by the board he did not need to cost that. 

Edited by King Kante

17 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I read alarming stats today about Kepa.

So, where do these stats come from? Genuine question, by the way.

7 hours ago, King Kante said:

The thing that I find most galling is that with just a tiny bit of foresight by the board he did not need to cost that. 

But we have established that this is entirely your imagination.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ok Droy. Kepa signing was a great piece of strategic business that proves the board, when not under the influences of Conte's nefarious Italian scout, are masters of the market. 

Edited by King Kante

Ham   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Don't want to resurrect this particular broken record but aside from the awful timing as pointed out previously, we clearly paid over £70m to make a pretty poor goalkeeper the most expensive in history.

Defend that.....

9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

So, where do these stats come from? Genuine question, by the way.

Prideoflondon.com was where I read it from. 

Edit: sorry I see boness has just posted it.

Edited by NoblyBobly