• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

chara   
2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Prideoflondon.com was where I read it from. 

Edit: sorry I see boness has just posted it.

Excellent article and pretty much sums up my thoughts...... I agree with a lot of the criticism here but my main beef is it is always a narrow focus and watching other games I see errors from keepers that do not raise any comments..I know he's OUR keeper but as always the oppos are trying to score and it's a rare if ever day that a Chelsea goal is put down to a keepers error..even deflections remain "our" goal.

Any financial dealings re the purchase have little to do with Kepa and his form or lack of it..Morata/Torres were bad pieces of expensive business but again no factor in their inability to justify their transfer in.

Tangent...so pissed off watching TC at RM...looks much fitter and focused..now there's a keeper who totally took the p''''''' after Chelsea nurtured him to the top....stopped stretching his game and insulted the position...Kepa does make the effort ......

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

Ok Droy. Kepa signing was a great piece of strategic business that proves the board, when not under the influences of Conte's nefarious Italian scout, are masters of the market. 

Thankyou.  But I would put 15 years of great scouting and transfere deals, all but a couple of Conte windows as evidence - when it comes to one deal neither you or I really know what happened.

52 minutes ago, chara said:

Excellent article and pretty much sums up my thoughts......

Well there is a lot of "on the one hand..."   "and on the other ...."  :)
Maybe that suits an ex-keeper.

I just remember that about a month ago there were a string of positive remarks about our Kepa.  For a few years I guess reputations go up and down based on a couple of performances before opinions start to level out.

On 26/11/2019 at 11:04 AM, NoblyBobly said:

I read alarming stats today about Kepa. Obviously a solid defence will improve a keepers stats but these are nevertheless worrying for Kepa. 

He/We have conceded the 5th most goals in the league.

Kepa is bottom of the table for clearance punches. 

Kepa is bottom of the table for saves made. 

In fact every stat you look at is a serious cause for concern. They haven't got a stat for most brain farts but if they did he would top that table too. 

These stats are no surprise at all. More often than not Oppo shoot oppo score. I dont care what goalkeeping coach they put in charge of him , he's just too small and they can't make him grow. If he made up for it with incredible reflexes and bravery it would help, but he's bang average in every department.  It can get bad for team moral too, as a lot of great work can be undone in a moment of Keppaness...he is our Achilles heel imo.   71 mill or not we need to ship him out at end of season. 

Yep. HUGE worry for me. Constant brain farts with playing out from the back, weak wrists, bad at high balls, no command of his area. 

He’s been here for almost a year and a half now and I see no improvement. It’s actually more like he’s getting worse. Unfortunately he won’t be growing much either... 

A disastrous signing at £71m. We’re stuck with him unless one of the top sides in La Liga comes calling. 

Frank's opinion: 

‘I’m happy. I know Kepa as a professional is a keeper who – and you can see it in his attitude and how he trains every day - is striving to be better, as he should do at his age and the status that he’s at.

‘He will want to get better all the time, and there have been a few instances this season where he would be the first one to say he can do better. That’s football at the top level, but I’m happy with him and his work ethic.’

4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Frank's opinion: 

‘I’m happy. I know Kepa as a professional is a keeper who – and you can see it in his attitude and how he trains every day - is striving to be better, as he should do at his age and the status that he’s at.

‘He will want to get better all the time, and there have been a few instances this season where he would be the first one to say he can do better. That’s football at the top level, but I’m happy with him and his work ethic.’

I take from that statement that Frank is concerned. Key phrases:

...is striving to be better 

.....he will want to get better

....he is the first one to say he can do better.

Thats a lot of " betters" in one short statement. 

1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

I take from that statement that Frank is concerned. Key phrases:

...is striving to be better 

.....he will want to get better

....he is the first one to say he can do better.

Thats a lot of " betters" in one short statement. 

You conveniently forgot to include the " That's football at the top level, and I'm happy with his work ethic" bit. Never mind, fixed now.

Ham   
5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

You conveniently forgot to include the " That's football at the top level, and I'm happy with his work ethic" bit. Never mind, fixed now.

So you're happy with Kepa this season MT?

You're in a small minority with Kepa's mum. 

Just now, Ham said:

So you're happy with Kepa this season MT?

Instead of asking this pointless question, why don't you just look at what I've posted before?

Just now, Ham said:

You're in a small minority with Kepa's mum. 

Oh, the wit! 

Just now, Michael Tucker said:

I think you know and I know that as statements go from a coach that was not a unequivocal  vote of confidence...far from it . Frank will not want to devastate Keppas confidence any further by publicly having a pop and so he shouldn't , but he is still making a point that Keppa needs to improve.   Having a good work ethic and striving to be better does not make you a top keeper. We can all do that. Talent and ability are the rare ingredients. 

Ham   
19 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Instead of asking this pointless question, why don't you just look at what I've posted before?

Oh, the wit! 

So you're going to make me search through your posts rather than answer? How very Droy of you. 

My opinion is that he's a very poor keeper for £70+ million and getting worse.

What's yours in a sentence?