• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think it was mentioned on Sky the other day , that's where I thought I'd got it from although to be honest I have a voracious appetite where the club is concerned and read hundreds of different sources.

Perhaps , what we could do is not mention any proposed transfer rumours and only talk about what the club tell us ?

That would certainly be a very short conversation . 

It would certainly prevent a lot of unwarranted criticism of the club.

paulw66   
27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think it was mentioned on Sky the other day , that's where I thought I'd got it from although to be honest I have a voracious appetite where the club is concerned and read hundreds of different sources.

Perhaps , what we could do is not mention any proposed transfer rumours and only talk about what the club tell us ?

That would certainly be a very short conversation . 

would be bliss. 

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It would certainly prevent a lot of unwarranted criticism of the club.

It would I expect , but you're a fan of them , I'm not , You think they're doing a swell job , I don't particularly , they have their moments but in general no .

It just stifles the debate . 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

would be bliss. 

We could then roll it out across the entire platform .

Think the Keeper is crap ? Keep it yourself he's got a five year contract .

What do you think of the manager ?

Not interested . 

I't would certainly make the site less expensive to run. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

would be bliss. 

There is a writer, podcaster and life coach who would advise exactly that.  I wonder how long he can keep to his own advice though.

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We could then roll it out across the entire platform .

Think the Keeper is crap ? Keep it yourself he's got a five year contract .

What do you think of the manager ?

Not interested . 

I't would certainly make the site less expensive to run. 

It is one thing having an opinion on things. It is entirely different to getting cross at the club for trying to sign a player based on a an unsubstantiated rumour created for click bait. 

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It is one thing having an opinion on things. It is entirely different to getting cross at the club for trying to sign a player based on a an unsubstantiated rumour created for click bait. 

Who's getting cross? 

Hearing rumours about players is all part of the rich tapestry of supporting a football club. 

I'm merely saying I hope they don't truly believe Pope is the answer to the Kepa conundrum because in my opinion he's not. 

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Who's getting cross? 

Hearing rumours about players is all part of the rich tapestry of supporting a football club. 

I'm merely saying I hope they don't truly believe Pope is the answer to the Kepa conundrum because in my opinion he's not. 

Replace the word "cross", with the word "worried" and my point still stands. 

Let's start again:

It is one thing having an opinion on things. It is entirely different to getting worried that the club is trying to sign a player based on a an unsubstantiated rumour created for click bait

On 04/02/2020 at 1:54 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Who TF cares (about the £40m, not Lampard).
Buying players is like betting, or stock market picking.  Win some lose some.  We have won 1 in 4 titles this century.  We have been the biggest spender for perhaps 3 years only.  That works for me.

Who would care about the 40 million loss? Oh, I don't know.. the people in charge of financing transfer deals????

And since when is stock market picking "win some lose some"?

I think you may be confusing "speculating on stocks" with investment research. There are numerous ways people do research before they chuck money behind an investment.

Maybe not making excuses for poor decision making would be a good place to start for you. 

Fact - club sold worldclass gk 2 summers ago.

Fact - club signed replacement for world record deal.

Fact - replacement underperformed and is consequently dropped by new manager who will now be looking to sign a new keeper in the summer possibly incurring a huge loss.

Supporters of the club should have a right to ask for better than that and should not be forced to put up with poor excuses as to why these mistakes have become so very common recently. 

This isn't even an isolated incident. List our last 10 transfers and lets see which of them have actually appreciated in value in your opinion.

2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

And since when is stock market picking "win some lose some"?

I think you may be confusing "speculating on stocks" with investment research. There are numerous ways people do research before they chuck money behind an investment.

Always mate.  It was when I was a trader on the floor of the Stock Exchange, and it was when I was an equity researcher. Anything else you'd like to teach me? 

Maybe not making excuses for poor decision making would be a good place to start for you. 

The record of the club in transfers is superb.  Denying that is well, plain denial.

This isn't even an isolated incident. List our last 10 transfers and lets see which of them have actually appreciated in value in your opinion.

Everyone is happy to criticise the Conte period, we argue about who was to blame.  There have only been 4 transfers in since then.  And they don't have to have appreciated.  Just getting picked as first choice is justification enough.  Those 4 have played about 90% of their games when fit since.  Called it dividend yield.  That is success.