• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

jangz   

welcome Keppa.. I haven't watche much .. but promise to support you as lon as you give it all for the shirt.. But on a personal note.. I am a lil warried.. he doesnt look the biggest.. Such keepers usually struggle in the EPL.. ( I dont rate lloris)..hope you prove me dead wrong..

Sir   
19 minutes ago, jangz said:

welcome Keppa.. I haven't watche much .. but promise to support you as lon as you give it all for the shirt.. But on a personal note.. I am a lil warried.. he doesnt look the biggest.. Such keepers usually struggle in the EPL.. ( I dont rate lloris)..hope you prove me dead wrong..

6’2 I think? What was Thibaut? Must of been around 6’5 or something? I’m not an expert, and it would seem too obvious to say ‘the talker the better’ when there are so many caveats RE atributes of size, reaction; and whatever else in the goalkeeping realms, but, Thibaut did look huge in the sticks, and I’d rather having a taller goalkeeper than a smaller one, yet, agility and all that? Again, not an expert so I have no idea, but as statesman Thibaut certainly was a unit in goal, and obviously ‘better’ at catching from crosses and corners due to height, but I don’t know if ‘smaller’ keepers practice punching the ball away more rather than catching to make up for height differences etc 

How good is Kepa, though? Anyone got any real insight on him?

jangz   
5 minutes ago, Sir said:

6’2 I think? What was Thibaut? Must of been around 6’5 or something? I’m not an expert, and it would seem too obvious to say ‘the talker the better’ when there are so many caveats RE atributes of size, reaction; and whatever else in the goalkeeping realms, but, Thibaut did look huge in the sticks, and I’d rather having a taller goalkeeper than a smaller one, yet, agility and all that? Again, not an expert so I have no idea, but as statesman Thibaut certainly was a unit in goal, and obviously ‘better’ at catching from crosses and corners due to height, but I don’t know if ‘smaller’ keepers practice punching the ball away more rather than catching to make up for height differences etc 

yeah .. I think height is still ok.. he needs to put on some muscle very quickly IMO though.. being CFC he will not get anything from most refs either.. 

Welcome to Chelsea Kepa.

Probably best that Courtois moves on if that is what he really wants to do. Little point in trying to keep a player who wants to leave. We won two league titles with him so it didn’t work out too badly.

Lets hope Kepacan also win trophies at Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Sir said:

One criticism often levelled at Courtois was how he "went down in stages"; the inference being that being so tall made him 'slower' to get down to lower shots. Maybe height actually does impact on how quickly a keeper can dive low, although it surely must be beneficial when trying to stop a ball heading for the top corner. From the YouTube video posted the other day, he certainly seems able to throw himself around and looks pretty agile. Maybe 6' 2" is the perfect height? Tall enough to get to crosses, reach the corners of the goal, etc., not so tall that he's not agile enough to get down quickly to low shots. We'll soon find out.

Ham   

Interesting that Kepa said that he was aware of our interest for 2 weeks and that we'd made a couple of unsuccessful bids on that time.  Shows how much the ITKs in the press know.

Makes our pursuit look more joined up than was being reported 

Once again reinforces the view of some on here that Chelsea actually do most of their business quietly and efficiently before news gets out with a day to spare.