• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

paulw66   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

He's not been too bad recently it's purely because he's so short that he looks easily beaten by anything in the corner. 

The problem is, you can't train height, you can work on his foot movements and athleticism but he's still too small to ever be worth the money IMHO. 

Rack?

Sadly, I think he is too small for the Premiership, particularly without dominating centre backs. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Rack?

Sadly, I think he is too small for the Premiership, particularly without dominating centre backs. 

maybe look at a short term option for next season?.. Having watched the Ajax keeper a few time on TV I am not sure he is the long term answer

paulw66   
43 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

maybe look at a short term option for next season?.. Having watched the Ajax keeper a few time on TV I am not sure he is the long term answer

Me neither 

Every keeper has his weaknesses but like any other position you have to build a team that complements them. I’m not sure we have done that with Kepa. I’m no keeper expert but I get the sense that too much is left to chance when it comes to our defensive set up. 

6 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Every keeper has his weaknesses but like any other position you have to build a team that complements them. I’m not sure we have done that with Kepa. I’m no keeper expert but I get the sense that too much is left to chance when it comes to our defensive set up. 

I think a lot of fans have it in their heads that he is the problem and are sticking to that story no matter what happens on the pitch. I can't think of a single goal conceded since the restart where he's anything higher than 4th or 5th in line for the 'blame', and it was a similar story before the season was paused.

That isn't exactly the most rousing defence of him, but he's being left without a paddle fairly regularly. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 8:49 AM, paulw66 said:

With our defence so bad at heading away crosses / corners, it is imperative we have a GK who is 6'4 plus.........

What you're practically saying is:

Alisson 

Oblak

De Gea

Ederson

ter Stegen

Neuer (6ft 3 ¾)

And going back a bit... 

Buffon

Casillas

Peter Schmeichel

Pagliuca

Peruzzi

Oliver Kahn

23 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I think a lot of fans have it in their heads that he is the problem and are sticking to that story no matter what happens on the pitch.

There are a few that blame Rudiger instead, and a small overlap that blame both on alternate games.

For me it is clear that until the last game we have not rehearsed our own corners allseason.  Which is kind of a hint about our preparation for opponents.

paulw66   

Anyone wonder why Kepa's save percentage is so low? We give easy chances away every game.

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Anyone wonder why Kepa's save percentage is so low? We give easy chances away every game.

10% save rate of those chances would have been brilliant.  

On 11/07/2020 at 2:25 PM, Droy was my hero said:

10% save rate of those chances would have been brilliant.  

It can't be a coincidence that the likes of Allisson and Ederson are way above him in the save %s. 

The easy explanation is that the shots are hard to save but that doesn't quite stick.

If you look like one of the worst in the league and if the stats support that as well, well, its pretty hard to argue with that.

There was a time when Fabregas, for instance, would be accused of being lazy/lacking workrate and then the stats would completely disprove that. Michael Ballack as well.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way