• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

On 24/07/2020 at 0:45 PM, Droy was my hero said:

I think it would be a lot more interesting to see where the shots are arriving from.  And how close the nearest defender was.

But generally selectively chosen slides cherry picked by journalists from a source not available to the public are dubious.
What does xGOT even mean?  Can we see xGot is a useful measure or does it produce random numbers for all?

I reckon 10+ such goals is par for a PL keeper.  De Gea is certainly worse than that this season.

This is more about finger pointing than trying to establish evidence - very much the motif of 2020.

I agree with the bolded bit especially. My frustration is that, while I personally do not think Kepa is at the right level to take us to what we're aiming for (ultimately champions I'm guessing) some of these stats are not an appropriate stick to beat him with. An analysis of our goals will show so many mistakes being made in front of Kepa before he's given anything to do. Honestly, some of the errors are comical from our centre backs especially. We also have issues with players struggling to adapt to what I think is sometimes our attempt at a Gegenpress. Some of the goals we've conceded start much, much further up the pitch because of some basic errors.

After tomorrow we really could do with a compilation video of every goal conceded. Stats are often great, but I'm not convinced they're always better than what we see with the naked eye.

Kezza   

I'd just like to see Kepa move his ass every time and attempt a save irregardless of what he thinks the chance of success is. He's not paid to watch the ball go in. His ball watching had been obvious all season. Did it 3 times in the Liverpool game alone. We may as well don't need a keeper if he is just gonna ball watch.

chara   

Sorry to see the apparent end of a keeper's Chelsea career...had such high hopes when Kepa arrived but he somehow managed to regress with his form.

After the arrogance and lazy application by TC I was pleased to see a better attitude from Kepa and before the League Cup Final fiasco is regurgitated I still believe there was a great deal of misunderstanding swirling about on all sides.

The more you watched him this season the more it became obvious that his confidence is shot..why?...no matter the reason it's his job and if he isn't producing at the level needed then goodbye.

Unfortunately it has got to the stage when absolutely no leeway is given although he isn't as bad as many make him out to be. Just not good enough at this time for Chelsea in a rebuilding cycle. Right age etc but all players are human not video game images.

I like to list "lucky" keepers and "unlucky" keepers...lucky..Banks..remember a pre 70 WC game when he let a shot through his hands ..it hit the cross bar and came out...I remember because of my interest in the art of goalkeeping but bet no one here remembers (long time ago as well!!) only Bonetti's over stated errors...and the Cat was a lucky keeper generally..unlucky?..Sprake..James....and I believe we make our own luck.

Good luck Kepa..we know you tried...

2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

He should have been frozen out after the League Cup Final 2019 shenanigans. 

Zola failed to communicate and it seems that GK and medics thought they were wasting time deliberately but Sarri was out of the loop.
Zola got frozen out - as he should have been I reckon.

33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I don't think he will play for us again 

looks that way.  I think that is a shame.  Worth more than we might get for him

"I dont want to be considering individuals or what might be after that. I just want to focus on Arsenal next week"

Kepa still made that brilliant triple save this season. Not the worst goal keeper but the price seems heavy (if accurate or probably over the length of contract)
who is going to come in? Maybe Cech knows still Spain’s number 1 so perhaps can get something back

1 hour ago, hallgalley said:

Kepa still made that brilliant triple save this season. Not the worst goal keeper but the price seems heavy (if accurate or probably over the length of contract)
who is going to come in? Maybe Cech knows still Spain’s number 1 so perhaps can get something back

Talk of a loan move - presumably to get his transfer value back up.

Kepa's in a difficult situation at the moment and a move to Spain in a comfortable environment may not be the worst thing for him IMO.

He probably needs a supportive manager at his side moving forward and from the look of things SFL is the exact personality type you would expect him to be as a manager as he was as a player - dedicated to his art, tough, result-driven.

I feel a sunny smiles-type manager like OGS for instance would be along the lines of what Kepa needs going forward. Someone who is going to stick by you regardless of whatever - just look at how he stuck by Pogba regardless of what he did.

Kepa wont get that many places. Certainly Simeone seems to protect his players a whole lot. Best bet for Kepa may very well be Atleti.

3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Kepa's in a difficult situation at the moment

Particularly if he's in the habit of reading these forums! It's been brutal on here.

Is he as bad as he's made out to be? Probably not, but each to his own as they say.