• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Understatement.  Some of the ranting is stark staring insane.  Courtois may have shagged KdB's girlfriend, I can only wonder what Kepa has done to so many.

Or a Functioning Keeper with such a sloppy defence.  The wronged boyfriend theme continues with a wholly one eyed interpretation of everything.
It is Gordon is a moron again,  not fair.

No idea what you’re on about. I’m going to use a classic Droy - why don’t you tell us your opinion instead of hiding behind some weird riddles with little to no substance? 

6 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

No idea what you’re on about.

Of course not.  I don't think you have given a single thought to what I have done or Kepa has done for 3 months.  Just running on prejudice. Anyone recall when Kepa last made a significant mistake?  And yet it appears he gets worse every time Cabs plays.

Edited by Droy was my hero

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Of course not.  I don't think you have given a single thought to what I have done or Kepa has done for 3 months.  Just running on prejudice. Anyone recall when Kepa last made a significant mistake?  And yet it appears he gets worse every time Cabs plays.

Oh please. If you disagree, give me some arguments. I’m done reading stuff like “I haven’t given thought to his performances”. I certainly have, and the stats and performances are there for all to see. Including our manager who seemingly doesn’t think he’s up for it either. 

Maybe you should give Lamps a call explaining why he is wrong on Kepa? 

Been away for a little while as I was finding the discussions that I was having on here were starting to become too circular and there were certain arguments I was getting into that made me feel I had stepped into the Twilight Zone or something. 

As for Kepa, as was pointed out by a few of us toward the end of last season/early part of this season there were a lot of issues with the boy that cannot just be put down to a break up with the gf or the defence (unless you believe Luiz is the best CB to have played the game.) Kepa on nearly every meaningful measurable statistic is not just poor but awful. Just because the boy does not throw goals in his net like De Gea, Pickford or Henderson does not mean that he is competent. 

The problems Kepa has are pretty damning; poor anticipation (not moving for 30% of goals is just simply shocking), diving the wrong way (Le Arse 2nd goal), swinging his arms before attempting a save, positioning himself in really bad spots to give himself absolutely no chance of saving quickly taken shots, being in a good position to get a ball then retreating back to his line, average at best distribution, the list goes on.

Now, I know some people may think I am a bit of a b*llend and do not get behind the boys' however, there are only three players in the past decade I have beaten up on, apart from the odd mistake, and they were; Cuadrado, Baka and Kepa. The first two, I knew of prior to signing and said that they would be awful, in Cuadrado's case because he was a very bad fit for England. Kepa I gave a chance to has I hadn't seen much of him but then quickly became dismayed. 

Further, just to clarify, I do not like criticising Chelsea players and I would have liked nothing more than for those three players to have come good but I am a super competitive person and when it comes to Chelsea, which can admittedly lead to some momentary meltdowns like after Utd away. However, this is owing to the high expectations I have for the club (and to be fair, myself in real life) as we are a top 4 club. This can also be seen when I have defended players like Alonso, Luiz and Jorgi. 

However, lets all be honest, the case for Kepa is now closed, look at the stats or do a simple eye test, he is poor at best and there is no two ways about it. Only arguement one could have now is that maybe he has the yips, but even if that is the case, depending on how it affects him, he could be done or it may take him years to recover. 

On that note......back to the Twilight Zone for a moment......

On 04/11/2019 at 9:50 AM, Droy was my hero said:

Yes and I think we have a 10 year keeper, a Cech or a Bonetti, or a Niedzwicki (who sadly stopped playing at 28 through injuries with us after 5 years).

That is really important for a club.

This aged well. 

Out of interest was the Summer of '18 still the best Summer since the Summer of '69?

Edited by King Kante
  • Like 1

chara   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

As much as I don't think he's up to much myself I didn't think he was as poor last year, I truly believe a more robust shield and our defensive woes will be much reduced and I say that as a fan of what Jorginho brings to the side too, so it's a difficult one. 

I have seen him make some excellent saves so I know he's got it in him somewhere. 

I do think his confidence appears to have deserted him, maybe he's really been hit hard with homesickness, but at this point I think a loan to a Spanish side would do him wonders. 

Well put Mark...it is possible to criticize whilst still acknowledging a few good things..few as they may be!....he still plays against top teams and players behind a less than solid defence and that has to be taken into account...at my very modest peak I probably could have had a couple of reasonable games in the EPL but week in week out?...no way,,,,just wasn't that good.....Kepa is being judged against the very best...seems to be found wanting..I believe it's the lack of mental toughness..think JT playing under extreme outside pressure and prejudice...SFL taking THAT penalty with a family tragedy on his shoulders .....that is my ultimate take on the Kepa question.  

9 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Oh please. If you disagree, give me some arguments. I’m done reading stuff like “I haven’t given thought to his performances”. I certainly have, and the stats and performances are there for all to see. Including our manager who seemingly doesn’t think he’s up for it either. 

Maybe you should give Lamps a call explaining why he is wrong on Kepa? 

Lamps picked kepa for all but half a dozen games - he got that right.
"Give me some arguments from the guy who says TAA;s free kick was savable because he saw what was going to happen in advance."

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Lamps picked kepa for all but half a dozen games - he got that right.
"Give me some arguments from the guy who says TAA;s free kick was savable because he saw what was going to happen in advance."

Tellingly Lamps didn't pick him for arguably our biggest game of the season .

You keep telling us what a great keeper he is , I'd like to know just what you think he's good at as I'm trying to be reasonable but cannot fathom any stand out quality he has . Tell us .

Tellingly Lamps didn't pick him for arguably our biggest game of the season .

For the Liverpool or Man City games?  Pretty sure kepa played.

Now we have a revision of the Calendar based on views of kepa.

You keep telling us what a great keeper he is

Not this season I haven't.

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

For the Liverpool or Man City games?  Pretty sure kepa played.

Now we have a revision of the Calendar based on views of kepa.

Not this season I haven't.

Very good , now answer the question .

NB as you know full well our biggest game of the season ended up being the Wolves game and Kepa let in five against Liverpool .

Very good , now answer the question .

NB as you know full well our biggest game of the season ended up being the Wolves game and Kepa let in five against Liverpool .

What question - has he been good? - no he has been somewhat disappointing, but not crap, and I don't think there has been more than one significant error post lockdown - I can't think of any (though some keep pointing to worldies as his mistakes and ordinary saves by Cabs as proof about Kepa).

No - our biggest games have been the last 10 PL games - and he played all but 1.  You are simply re-defining everything to maintain your fiction about Kepa 
You could argue that our biggest game was the BM 3-0 loss  - but for some reason that seems to have slipped your mind.

Of the 47 PL, CL and super cup games where the first choice keeper would be picked SFL has chosen Kepa 41 times and Cabs 6.  

SFL's opinion seems pretty clear then - unless you are arguing that somehow the Liverpool game where kepa did not make a mistake has somehow permanently changed SFL's mind (like a lot of people similarly claimed Kepa would never play another game after being dropped in February).