• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Lamps picked kepa for all but half a dozen games - he got that right.
"Give me some arguments from the guy who says TAA;s free kick was savable because he saw what was going to happen in advance."

So you have no argument. Duly noted. 

Bet 365 running some Kepa stats on twitter , all the shots of target in the last six Premier League games with Kepa in goal

goal

goal

goal

goal

goal

save

save

goal

goal

goal

save

goal

goal

goal

It Really does not make good reading for an 8/10 to 9.5/10 shot stopper 

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Bet 365 running some Kepa stats on twitter , all the shots of target in the last six Premier League games with Kepa in goal

goal

goal

goal

goal

goal

save

save

goal

goal

goal

save

goal

goal

goal

LOL 😂 It also makes a mockery of the claim that he has mostly been very good since the restart. 

he's been terrible for most of the season and the problem with him isn’t the glaring mistakes. It’s that he doesn’t do anything really well and therefore concedes  too many goals and doesn’t produce nearly enough saves. The expected goals stats are a great example of that. 

Anyone seen or done a comparison on goals per game between kepa and Wily? Kepa offers the defence no confidence Wily has some presence.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

goal

goal

goal

goal

goal

save

save

goal

goal

goal

save

goal

goal

goal

Where does it say mistake?
KdB, Zaha and TAA amongst others were included there, as well as some unchallenged tap ins

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Who would that be?

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

KdB, Zaha and TAA amongst others were included there, as well as some unchallenged tap ins

Who would that be?

Have you ever thought of changing your three monkeys sigil to one where they all have their hands over their eyes ? Lol ( just a gentle ribbing )

paulw66   
4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

LOL 😂 It also makes a mockery of the claim that he has mostly been very good since the restart. 

he's been terrible for most of the season and the problem with him isn’t the glaring mistakes. It’s that he doesn’t do anything really well and therefore concedes  too many goals and doesn’t produce nearly enough saves. The expected goals stats are a great example of that. 

Is anyone claiming that, though?

Whatever it is with Kepa, his relationship with the defence has gone past the point of no return. The defence looks more sure of itself when Willy plays. Not because Willy is a great keeper, but becasue he isn't Kepa. 

Rob B   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Doesn't need to be a 'mistake'  for another goalie to have done better though does it? 

Actually, according to the stats, Kepa makes very few obvious blunders unlike Lloris, De Gea and Pickford etc, his all round game is just not very good.

I would say that the way he is often rooted to his line and not even attempting a dive, actually makes the shot appear better.  Other goalies, with different positioning, closing of angles, better footwork, stronger wrists and better anticipation would save a lot of shots without them even looking spectacular. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Doesn't need to be a 'mistake'  for another goalie to have done better though does it? 

I didn't realise we had been discussing his nomination for Goal Keeper of the season.