• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I didn't realise we had been discussing his nomination for Goal Keeper of the season.

But I hope you do realise that most of us are arguing he isn’t good enough for us, and that finding a better goalkeeper shouldn't be too hard if the real desire to do so is there. 

But nice try (again) to divert the actual discussion. 

26 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

But I hope you do realise that most of us are arguing he isn’t good enough for us, and that finding a better goalkeeper shouldn't be too hard if the real desire to do so is there. 

But nice try (again) to divert the actual discussion. 

I think your straw man approach was burnt down several days ago.

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think your straw man approach was burnt down several days ago.

Jeez. When you are wrong and have painted yourself into a corner you are impossible to talk to. So I’ll leave you to it. 

15 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Jeez. When you are wrong and have painted yourself into a corner you are impossible to talk to. So I’ll leave you to it. 

Who is - me or the guy that said kepa was great.  Go find him.  Not this forum.

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Who is - me or the guy that said kepa was great.  Go find him.  Not this forum.

Who doing a straw man now? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ham   
6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Whatever it is with Kepa, his relationship with the defence has gone past the point of no return. The defence looks more sure of itself when Willy plays. Not because Willy is a great keeper, but becasue he isn't Kepa. 

Pretty much sums it up. 

6 hours ago, Rob B said:

Doesn't need to be a 'mistake'  for another goalie to have done better though does it? 

Actually, according to the stats, Kepa makes very few obvious blunders unlike Lloris, De Gea and Pickford etc, his all round game is just not very good.

I would say that the way he is often rooted to his line and not even attempting a dive, actually makes the shot appear better.  Other goalies, with different positioning, closing of angles, better footwork, stronger wrists and better anticipation would save a lot of shots without them even looking spectacular. 

Explains why the defence have lost confidence in him as pointed out by PW66. 

4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Most common conclusion reached here. 

chara   

OK...just a genuine question...not any attempt to justify anything either way.....how many games has Kepa lost for Chelsea this season? A top keeper will win games,not that many but enough, those aren't the games I'm looking for and the argument or opinion I am looking for does not cover this issue..even if there were any.....it's the actual direct link to a defeat I seek.

If Tammy or Giroud fail to score does that make them to blame for a nil Chelsea loss score line?

I believe that Kepa is part of a very leaky defence and is not an asset at the back or a confidence builder and he should be moved on as I cannot see him regaining any confidence at Chelsea but I also feel it doesn't matter what he does he is the reason according to some for everything wrong at the back and I suspect for all the ills in the World!

Bonetti was and is my all time hero but I remember waay back in the Doc's promotion season him actually dropping an easy shot behind his head for a silly goal..and he had hands like a magnet as anyone who watched him can confirm. My point?....all keepers make errors and often ungraded errors in midfield lead to goals but rarely leads to condemnation..unless it's Baka of course... my original question stands on it's own without prejudice and I do understand that glaring errors are not the only way a keeper can let down a side. 

12 minutes ago, chara said:

OK...just a genuine question...not any attempt to justify anything either way.....how many games has Kepa lost for Chelsea this season? A top keeper will win games,not that many but enough, those aren't the games I'm looking for and the argument or opinion I am looking for does not cover this issue..even if there were any.....it's the actual direct link to a defeat I seek.

If Tammy or Giroud fail to score does that make them to blame for a nil Chelsea loss score line?

I believe that Kepa is part of a very leaky defence and is not an asset at the back or a confidence builder and he should be moved on as I cannot see him regaining any confidence at Chelsea but I also feel it doesn't matter what he does he is the reason according to some for everything wrong at the back and I suspect for all the ills in the World!

Bonetti was and is my all time hero but I remember waay back in the Doc's promotion season him actually dropping an easy shot behind his head for a silly goal..and he had hands like a magnet as anyone who watched him can confirm. My point?....all keepers make errors and often ungraded errors in midfield lead to goals but rarely leads to condemnation..unless it's Baka of course... my original question stands on it's own without prejudice and I do understand that glaring errors are not the only way a keeper can let down a side. 

Have a look and see what you think, there's a few bangers in there but a disturbing number he almost stops (almost). 

chara   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Have a look and see what you think, there's a few bangers in there but a disturbing number he almost stops (almost). 

Thanks Mark for a proper response..... I am not trying to excuse him or attack him......it's the almost question that bothers me...not your point about it ..sensibly pointed out.

I'll check it through as best I can...won't make my conclusions the ultimate definitive answer of course but thanks again for the link.

On 7/27/2020 at 0:17 PM, Droy was my hero said:

On 7/27/2020 at 9:47 AM, CarefreeMuratcan said:

He should have been frozen out after the League Cup Final 2019 shenanigans. 

Zola failed to communicate and it seems that GK and medics thought they were wasting time deliberately but Sarri was out of the loop.
Zola got frozen out - as he should have been I reckon.

Next to that clip above was this link.  It seems JM was thinking very similarly to me.  Kepa was playing injured to waste time, Sarri thought he was genuinely injured.
I hadn't heard this from JM before.