• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

15 hours ago, JaneB said:

You beat me to it!! Yes CL is now listed as above 🤔
I’ve said it before. He was good enough for Petr Cech and then got sidelined because Courtois didn’t want to work with him.

Bit of a scandal and a waste I think ☹️

Yeah, it's a massive waste. If I remember correctly CL was at Rennes when Cech was there as well and was recommended to Chelsea by Petr himself... why TC didn't want to work with him, who knows? Maybe his ego couldn't take being coached by his predecessors' man?

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

chara   
5 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, it's a massive waste. If I remember correctly CL was at Rennes when Cech was there as well and was recommended to Chelsea by Petr himself... why TC didn't want to work with him, who knows? Maybe his ego couldn't take being coached by his predecessors' man?

TC?...I don't remember ultimately disliking any keeper here more than TC...not his undoubted ability..but not as good as he thought he was....but his arrogance and lack of application as he engineered a move away after Chelsea had guided his career with almost text book application.

For all the barbs at Kepa he has never shown the same disdain that TC put on display week after week..and the League Cup issue has been covered and is an incident not a serial offence.....

Hilario?....hard to judge as many good and great coaches were average players..Bobby Moore and Jose......not an argument re either man but just a lazy example. 

Can't coach confidence or basic ability ...muscle memory repetitive training should be well in place by 24 (?) but watching the clip posted earlier it looks to me as if Kepa is second guessing his instincts at every turn, that split second "blink" is the difference between a proper stretched hand contact and a weak fingertip for example.

Given a less than rugged defence in front of him everything just gets worse...sad to see and I hope the guy gets a good move and regains his "cred".... 

bONes   

Could it be possible that he lost his confidence after the incident at the final with Sarri?

Would be interesting to compare his stats before and after