• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

3 hours ago, chara said:

have to say I was very disappointed with the BHA goal yesterday... a misreading of a shot and bad technique it seems. Some other quite good stuff from Kepa but to no avail if "average" efforts hit the back of the net....

Yes agreed.
However it was as far as I can recall his first blunder since the restart last season.  And the whoscored rating for Ryan was even lower than for Kepa.
There is a lot of bad keeping around right now.  Not sure why.

28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes agreed.
However it was as far as I can recall his first blunder since the restart last season.  And the whoscored rating for Ryan was even lower than for Kepa.

That's not a blunder. 

That's his game. 

• Like 1

chara   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes agreed.

Whew..glad to see you Droy..."Lurking" raises too many bad images for me!

Maybe the bad keeping isn't such a new thing..especially on here there is far more attention paid now to bad keeping or mistakes than once was...PC of course had a lot to do with that here....Pickford also gets a lot of stick from Everton fans as far as I can see and usually the emphasis is on the goal scorer not a keeping error but it suits the media to follow a "theme".......I had hoped Kepa would raise his game but seems not so far....better than he's given credit for but really showing Russ Turnbull like ability...would look better in a lower or weaker league..sad as I had hopes.

14 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I am sure all the vultures from the press will be circling to feast on a deadman, should he have a howler against the dippers. 

Sadly I’m inclined to predict that Trent Alexander-Arnold is bound to score again. It seems it’s enough for him to hit the goal to score against us no matter how far out it is. 

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

That's not a blunder. 

That's his game. 

Spot on. 

11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is Mendy in the ratings?

I have stayed resolutely out of the Kepa debate. When he was average under Sarri I was unconvinced either way. When checking his, again, average Bilbao stats I remained non plussed by both the Real AND our interest in a keeper with little to set him apart at that time. 

I waited through the debacle of last season still unsure if the lad had cracked or had never been good to start with. 

Sure, Courtois left us stymied but the sheer panic and lack of research is amszing on a huge, world record sale like Kepa's. 

Brighton proved that he is still way off his own fairly average best form and we need at least that to have hope of recouping 20million on the guy. He looks shellshocked, I doubt he was ever an above average prem keeper on best day and Mendy doesnt fill me with glee either. Stop gap? Maybe, and I hope to be proven wrong butalong term solution seems unlikely as he cannot use his feet well. 

Our reluctance to suck up the big L on Kepa could keep killing our chances if we cannot own the error and take the hit soon. No point Silva organising a better back four if we still have a keeper incapable of doing better that minus 11 on xg conceded. On chances and shots ofgered on our goal we were surprisingly good last term. Top three in epl, yeah? 

As I said, I watched silently as I hoped I missed something with Real also being on his tail but statistically NOTHING makes him look even bearable and he isgetting worse. Christ, Pickford was 10 ler cent better on saves made. Desperate times, etc. 

Kepa is a serious impediment to our ambitions of success this season. What is extraordinary about him is his slow-wittedness, sluggish reactions and terrible foot movement, all of which are doubly strange in a short keeper: in order to compensate for small stature he would need to be lively, quick footed, agile and proactive. Unfortunately these attributes are almost completely absent in him.

I would refute any suggestion that he is competent as being the wilful nonsense of the contrarian provocateur ! You know who you are.   

Ham   
33 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Look in the background at 3:20. What's he doing on the training pitch eh?!

Was it Cech?

32 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Look in the background at 3:20. What's he doing on the training pitch eh?!

We're you showing that to prove we had a worse keeper at the club in the ladies side?