• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Mateo Kovacic On New 5 Year Deal

Just now, paulw66 said:

I thought he played CM for West Ham? He did at Stamford Bridge.

He did quite a lot last year but I think he originally played ch for them for quite a while, maybe he was deputising for injury? 

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He did quite a lot last year but I think he originally played ch for them for quite a while, maybe he was deputising for injury? 

Possibly.

Anyway Kovacic.......... be interesting to see how he gets on next year.

50 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Two great players who did just that was Gullit and Matthäus (apart from the ones already mentioned).

Maradona also moved back but never to CB of course. Rooney also moved back and so did Scholes. But that was from advancing mid positions or as forwards back to more deep midfield positions. 

Whether it’s “hundreds” or not I’ll let Droy et al straight out 😉

Quite - I meant hundreds in Prem or Championship over the 40 odd years I've been watching football.

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Possibly.

Anyway Kovacic.......... be interesting to see how he gets on next year.

Back on topic - one would like to think he won't play much.  But it is hard to see much choice with the current squad.   Makes Jorginho look a bargain.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:37 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Back on topic - one would like to think he won't play much. 

OK, I'll bite......why would we 'like to think' that Kovacic won't play much? Obviously I'm missing something here.....:)

8 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

OK, I'll bite......why would we 'like to think' that Kovacic won't play much? Obviously I'm missing something here.....:)

Because he is a level below our better players or our better teams in recent years.  Unfortunately all but 5 of our current squad are a level below too.
Do I need to add IMO?

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Because he is a level below our better players or our better teams in recent years.  Unfortunately all but 5 of our current squad are a level below too.
Do I need to add IMO?

Well, it is your choice, I guess.

Sari had his preference, as we all know, but I'm not sure how well/badly that reflects on Kovacic? I think that we may find more, as we move along. I wouldn't be writing him off, just yet. 

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well, it is your choice, I guess.

Sari had his preference, as we all know, but I'm not sure how well/badly that reflects on Kovacic? I think that we may find more, as we move along. I wouldn't be writing him off, just yet. 

It would seem to be a bit premature to write him off considering we just bought him for £40m ;)

8 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It would seem to be a bit premature to write him off considering we just bought him for £40m ;)

Yes, that's what I'd have thought.

kev61   

I'll go out on a limb, Kovacic was ****ed by Sarri - he is a player with a bag load of potential that Sarri tried to ruin.

Stim   

I know you don't like Sarri but holy hell "tried to ruin"? With 51 appearances?

Not even how, WHY

Edited by Stim