• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Mateo Kovacic On New 5 Year Deal

2 minutes ago, Dingus said:

I'd prefer it if he just went back to Madrid personally.

Well, I wouldn't mind if he was with us again next season (particularly considering that the transfer ban). I think that he's better than what he showed (or, was allowed to show) last season. But he'd need to improve, no doubt. From what I've been reading, they're not interested in taking him back.

My issue with keeping him is he isn't what we need , isn't great and any monies we spend on him whittles away the income we got for the jewell in our crown and just makes it easier for them to go out and spend even more on players .

Dingus   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

My issue with keeping him is he isn't what we need , isn't great and any monies we spend on him whittles away the income we got for the jewell in our crown and just makes it easier for them to go out and spend even more on players .

Pretty much this.

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Unfortunately Achilles heels are our Achilles heel at the moment and so, with players dropping like flies, we need the numbers.

To be fair to him, he was excellent in the EL final.  

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Unfortunately Achilles heels are our Achilles heel at the moment and so, with players dropping like flies, we need the numbers.

NO, he was , you are right , maybe there's a player there but it sticks in my craw as it eats away the Hazard money .

I have said numerous times that I like him as a player and he would make a decent addition to the squad as he is probably the most versatile midfielder we have. The issue is that we have two very good midfielders and a bunch of very average players to fight it out for the third spot.

Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley and Loftus Cheek are currently not good enough and or not able to stay fit. With the exception of Ruben I can't see any of the other three getting any better. 

So my issue isn't with Kovacic himself, if we had a midfield three of Jorginho,  Kante and pick the best all round attacking/goalscoring midfielder you can think of, he would be a good addition to the squad, as a 4th choice versatile midfielder he would be very handy to have around and get plenty of game time all across the midfield. 

he's probably going to cost a minimum of £30m and when you think we spent around £90m on Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Barkley to take that total to £120m+ and still not have a player of the appropriate quality is utter madness.

3 hours ago, Ham said:

We really do have dozens.  And current injury problems will all be over by October.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

I have said numerous times that I like him as a player and he would make a decent addition to the squad as he is probably the most versatile midfielder we have. The issue is that we have two very good midfielders and a bunch of very average players to fight it out for the third spot.

Quite.  He'd be great on the bench.  Alongside Baka, RLC, Drinkwater, Mount, van Ginkel, with Chalobah T, Ampadu, Gallacher, McEachran G and James all offering back up if any 5 were injured.

Edited by Droy was my hero
to add a few more midfield names

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

it sticks in my craw as it eats away the Hazard money .

Does it? He'd be on loan, and on wages for another season. Just like he was this season.  Doesn't seem to be a lot of the Hazard money being frittered away there, tbh.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Does it? He'd be on loan, and on wages for another season. Just like he was this season.  Doesn't seem to be a lot of the Hazard money being frittered away there, tbh.

Rumour is we have to actually , gulp , buy him to get him to be able to stay

Flinkers   
52 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Rumour is we have to actually , gulp , buy him to get him to be able to stay

€50m to a friend...