• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Mateo Kovacic On Season Long Loan

Gut feeling is to not expect too much from Kovacic. Difficult to imagine us investing minutes in someone who isn't ours, but if he helps us through an especially difficult period and back to a place where we can buy players of the stature I'm told he is, then he'll work out a good deal. 

The next year or two, I feel, is an all out fight for CL-level survival. 

Quality footballer,  really like him but can't get too excited if it is literally a 12 month loan. 

Is there anything official about no option to buy, seems a bit of a silly decision if we don't have one?

Looking at it from a pragmatic point of view, even if the option to buy is more than we're willing/able to pay, if he offers us that "missing bit of the midfield jigsaw" at least Sarri can then turn around and say to the powers that be "x and y are similar players... get me one of them to replace him"

Welcome Kovacic.

Not sure if he is that missing piece as he is another player in our squad who is not known for goal scoring ability. He has like 1 goal from 73 appearances for madrid. 

jangz   
14 hours ago, blue_everest said:

Welcome Kovacic.

Not sure if he is that missing piece as he is another player in our squad who is not known for goal scoring ability. He has like 1 goal from 73 appearances for madrid. 

there aren't many out there now.. are there?

Welcome to Chelsea Kovacic.

It feels strange to be on the other end of a loan deal.

Hopefully he does a job for us, if it helps us through this season then great, you have to think about right now as well as the future.

Ham   

Speaking after his move, the Croatian explained: ‘I haven’t trained a lot at Real Madrid because I badly wanted to come to Chelsea so I didn’t do much training. I will give my best to be ready"

Not sure I understand his logic but also points to us having been after him on the quiet for a while.

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

Speaking after his move, the Croatian explained: ‘I haven’t trained a lot at Real Madrid because I badly wanted to come to Chelsea  get out of RM  so I didn’t do much training. I will give my best to be ready"

Not sure I understand his logic but also points to us having been after him on the quiet for a while.

The logical version

jangz   

I see the concern on him coming on a 12 month loan.. but if he plays well I think he will try to force his way out of Madrid to join us.. but then what do I know..