• Current Donation Goals

Ham   

At the risk of repeating myself, and if Bellerin looks at the team sheet and doesn't see CHO, he'll be a very happy man......

2 hours ago, Ham said:

At the risk of repeating myself, and if Bellerin looks at the team sheet and doesn't see CHO, he'll be a very happy man......

Bellerin might even play as the LB with Lichtsteiner at RB. 

I don't expect us to see CHO at all. 

I'm expecting to see;

Startin XI: Arrizabalaga - Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Luiz, Alonso - Kanté, Jorginho, Barkley - Pedro, Morata, Willian

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Moses, Hazard, Giroud

Missing out: Green, Zappacosta, Cahill, Emerson, Ampadu, Drinkwater, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham

Injured: Fabreags

16 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

No Pedro? Kovacic is ready to start?

I reckon Kovacic is ready he has been in for a week or so now and his world cup was moderate on a minutes level. As for Pedro, I had meant to have him on the bench but forgot to add him. For me, him or Hazard will be one of the big questions but I reckon Hazard may start as I think both managers are really going to want to win this one. 

Zoowraa   
7 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Mertens playing upfront was born out of need and not some tactical masterplan by Sarri. So while we have fit strikers I doubt we'll be seeing a false 9 utilised any time soon.

Not overly confident going into this. I thought we were suspect defensively and against a better side it would have cost us. If Hazard is to come back into the side I'd be dropping Willian to make space. Pedro has had the better pre-season and is a more potent option in the final third around goal. I'd also drop Morata and bring in Giroud to provide a more meaningful presence upfront that both Hazard and Pedro can play off. While it may mean sacrificing some pace and mobility to apply pressure upfront with closing down, I don't think we'll want to press too much in this sort of fixture because Arsenal do have the pace and quality in their side to exploit the gaps closing down does create. 

Yeah I appreciate the Milik cruciate forced his hand. However, Sarri would have still had other options. Maybe not an experienced striker to call upon, but by moving Mertens to the role he still changed him as a player and adopted that tactic. So circumstances influenced it, but it was still Sarri’s call to make.

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Yeah I appreciate the Milik cruciate forced his hand. However, Sarri would have still had other options. Maybe not an experienced striker to call upon, but by moving Mertens to the role he still changed him as a player and adopted that tactic. So circumstances influenced it, but it was still Sarri’s call to make.

And whether it was forced or not, it might make him think he can do the same here...... 

34 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

And whether it was forced or not, it might make him think he can do the same here...... 

He has 3 not quite good CFs ,  3 good AMs and 3 unknown AMs in Barkley, RLC and CHO.

I can't see him planning a season around just the good 3AMs up front.  At least not until both Barkley and RLC break through as real alternatives to Willian/Pedro.
He'll stick with a CB,  probably Morata/Giroud with alternating 60/30min shifts.

Zoowraa   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

He has 3 not quite good CFs ,  3 good AMs and 3 unknown AMs in Barkley, RLC and CHO.

I can't see him planning a season around just the good 3AMs up front.  At least not until both Barkley and RLC break through as real alternatives to Willian/Pedro.
He'll stick with a CB,  probably Morata/Giroud with alternating 60/30min shifts.

I think you are most likely correct with this. I think Morata and Giroud will both get a real shot at being our No9 traditional striker role, but if they both misfire over the first third of the season, then it would not surprise me if we see Hazard move into the role that Mertens filled at Napoli. If you have mis-firing strikers that can be replaced by very good attackers from another area of the squad, then Sarri may see this as the way forward until the summer.

I still have faith that Morata will prove his worth though, whilst Giroud is a very good squad option and ideal scenario is probably Abraham forces his way ahead of both of them, though probably asking a bit much at present.

• Like 1

paulw66   

Not much to report from the Press Conference other than Fabregas is definitely out. 

4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I'm expecting to see;

Startin XI: Arrizabalaga - Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Luiz, Alonso - Kanté, Jorginho, Barkley - Pedro, Morata, Willian

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Moses, Hazard, Giroud

Missing out: Green, Zappacosta, Cahill, Emerson, Ampadu, Drinkwater, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham

Injured: Fabreags

I think it may be a toss up between starting Willian or starting Hazard (Hazard should be OK for a good 60 minutes by now, so it's a purely tactical decision to be made), other than that, I'd be surprised by anything other than what you list. If it was CHO instead of Moses, it would be a very pleasant surprise, though, but Moses is more capable of playing the 'defensive winger' role if needed.