• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Arsenal 2

3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I guess the Dublin match was meaningless?

Well if you want to factor that match in: we utterly dominated them until we made a load of substitutions, that’s without Hazard and Kante (our best two players). 

I’m not a confident fan most of the time, but this is one we should win. 

3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I guess the Dublin match was meaningless?

Not totally meaningless.  But we started with a weak team and dominated because they started with a very very weak team.
The subs meant our team got weaker and weaker, while theirs got stronger.  So at a point late 1st half they were better than us and much better at the end.
It was interesting.  But Arsenal have always had broad squads where no one really knows who the first choice GK is, let alone first choice striker or CB.

Hopefully this game will be different - and the likes of Kante, Hazard and Willian will show us to have a few stars Arsenal can't match.

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not totally meaningless.  But we started with a weak team and dominated because they started with a very very weak team.
The subs meant our team got weaker and weaker, while theirs got stronger.  So at a point late 1st half they were better than us and much better at the end.
It was interesting.  But Arsenal have always had broad squads where no one really knows who the first choice GK is, let alone first choice striker or CB.

Hopefully this game will be different - and the likes of Kante, Hazard and Willian will show us to have a few stars Arsenal can't match.

They started with a very very weak team?

It was almost their starting 11:

Arsenal XI: Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Elneny, Smith Rowe, Guendouzi, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Ozil. 

Smith Rowe came in for Ramsey who was injured in the warm up. 

They were also a week ahead of us in preseason, playing one extra game at that point. 

10 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Arsenal XI: Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Elneny, Smith Rowe, Guendouzi, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Ozil. 

Ok - perhaps I should have concentrated on how our team got weaker as we had subbed everyone bar CHO by 63 mins.
And how you can perm the Arsenal squad in any imaginable combination and still get the same performance.

As to their starting 11, it seems to be more of a starting 22.  Of that starting team, 5 were in their top 15 PL appearance makers last season.
Guendozi might look like a starter now after he was picked against City, but he certainly didn't look like a natural starter as a  7m newly bought 19 year old before the game.  Even Cech is no longer sure of his place

15 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Kennedy just had a mare for Newcastle, never made a pass in the first half..then took the penalty in the 96th min...and missed

And he took a free kick with minutes to go instead of Shelvey taking it and hit it straight into the wall !

Absolutely terrible performance and a diabolical penalty.

Kezza   
2 hours ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

They were also a week ahead of us in preseason, playing one extra game at that point. 

I must say that this Guendouzi kid is quite good and can match our midfields.

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

I was impressed by him but not sure he is a match for the Kante twins.

Starting XI: Arrizabalaga - Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Luiz, Alonso - Kanté, Jorginho, Barkley - Pedro, Morata, Willian

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Zappacosta, Kovacic, Moses, Hazard, Giroud

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

He may become quite good. Against City he made three big mistakes, one of which resulted in a goal.