• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Newcastle 1 Chelsea 2

chelboy   

Alonso is so technically good. That was a volley on his weaker foot. If Yedlin had not touched it Barkley was there to score anyway.

Leo91   

Phew... Alonso you friggin beauty.

3 down, 35 to go. 

COME ON CHELS!

Kezza   

Should Kepa have done better on the goal? Was a small gap in the corner and still got through.

How'd you rate the players for the 2-1 win over Newcastle today out of 10? Drop some feedback too on any individual player who disappointed or impressed you!

Arrizabalaga

Azpilicueta

Rüdiger

David Luiz

Alonso

Kanté

Jorginho

Kovacic Substituted for Barkley

Pedro Substituted for Willian

Morata Substituted for Giroud

E Hazard

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

Should Kepa have done better on the goal? Was a small gap in the corner and still got through.

I was saying he does not seem to have the strongest wrists. He seems to get to things then lets them through. 

That aside, is there anyone that still wants Alonso gone? 

chelboy   

Should have been more comfortable then it was. Thats why you have to take chances when you get them. Should have been 2-0 by HT. We did not break them down much in the 2nd half as much. Needed two set pieces in the end.

Giroud was good when he came on got an assist. Thought Kovacic looked ok for a first start of the season. Morata had a quiet game we have to find a way for him to be on the end of chances running in behind in these types of games. This is why we need more forward thinking wide men who run in behind. Too many passes were to feet not much in behind.

Feel we might benefit from putting Rudiger  on the LCB position . He is faster and can cover from Alonso better. Azpi played far deeper and narrow. He did not keep the width at all. Feel Azpi would help Luiz better and Rudiger will help Alonso better. Disappointed with Luiz in that goal but I can not say I am surprised.

Glad we have this fixture out the way. Hate Newcastle away, better early in the season than later as Newcastle are slow starters.

15 minutes ago, Kezza said:

I don't think so.

That was an awfully powerful header from very close range. 

I think he does well to get anywhere near it, much like the first goal last week.