• Current Donation Goals

50 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

SKY summariser saying it wasn't a penalty because he played the ball. 

Goes through Alonso from behind to get it but as it's Chelsea that doesn't matter apparently .

This piss poor summarising helps fuel the anti Chelsea fire that the papers keep stoked for maximum clicks .

It's just a 24 hour anti Chelsea circle jerk 

Giroud elbowed in the face , " Justice has been done " , says it all.

That idiot is Andy Hinchcliffe, who must have been watching the game whilst under the influence of drink or drugs, Jamie Redknapp and Graeme Souness (rightly) both pilloried Newcastle's ultra negative approach, they were the home side after all.  That's 3 wins in as many games, let's keep this going.

jones   

Winning these type of games – bogey ground, **** weather, bus parking opponent, goal against that should be a foul – that is the sign of a good team. We were slick and in total control. Chances were always going to be few, but we were deserved winners.

Alonso absolutely fantastic, and what an asset he is going forward. He is like an extra man out there. Yes, he is going to be called out defensively sometimes, but that is a calculated risk. So far, the positives are massively outweighing the negatives - 1 goal and 4 assists in three games, and maximum points. Emerson will have to be patient.

Rudiger, starting the season where he left off (motm in the FA cup final). First choice CB without a doubt. 

Hazard really enjoying himself in this set-up, especially thanks to Alonso, Kovacic and Jorginho and the fact we are keeping the ball and have another man in attack compared to the last two seasons. So far, he has a goal or assist every 45 minutes, long may it continue ...

With home games against Bournemouth and Cardiff coming up and six points surely, we are about to have an astonishing start to the season before midweek games start coming and things become more complicated. And we have already overcome the challenges of a short and World Cup-hampered pre-season. Team is starting to tick, and results are going our way. Things are looking rather bright at the moment.

kev61   
13 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I think we should realize that Kepa is only 23 or just 24, the fee for him must be a huge burden for a young gk so he will need time, I remember De Gea's first season, he looked awful but now look at him.

As for the Joselu header it was a fantastic effort but I cannot work out what Luiz was doing just frozen in time.

I will never forget Ancelotti berating Luiz on the field because of his positioning which led to a goal against us - Luiz looked at Ancelotti pointing at himself as if saying 'you'r blaming me?'.

I said before he has zero positional awareness but he has enthusiasm which counts for something - Christensen is a much better defender imo.

Luiz positional sense was fine , it's the awareness of what's happening around him that needs looking into .

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I will never forget Ancelotti berating Luiz on the field because of his positioning which led to a goal against us - Luiz looked at Ancelotti pointing at himself as if saying 'you'r blaming me?'.

I said before he has zero positional awareness but he has enthusiasm which counts for something - Christensen is a much better defender imo.

Yep, not for the first time I agree with both parts of that Kev. Luiz is a great fella I think. A real asset to the dressing room and absolutely Chelsea through and through, but he's obviously much better in a 3 rather than a 4. I too would like to see Christensen given a chance in this setup.

kev61   

It's amazing what a few games can change perspective - I didn't give us a snowballs chance  in hell this year but I am looking forward to the next game.Someone made a very good point (I can't remember who)that the way we play now apart from the top four the rest of the league will find it very hard to live with us which is a giant step forward in my book.

Hope I am not being overly optimistic☺

45 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yep, not for the first time I agree with both parts of that Kev. Luiz is a great fella I think. A real asset to the dressing room and absolutely Chelsea through and through, but he's obviously much better in a 3 rather than a 4. I too would like to see Christensen given a chance in this setup.

Yes, Christensen for Luiz as soon as possible please. Also, whilst today's midfield 3 is our most talented trio, against packed defences we need someone both willing to make runs into the box and able to take advantage of chances when they come. Jorginho-Kanté-Kovacic should be saved for the biggest matches where we'll have more space.

johnboy   

What could have been a frustrating afternoon (& one that normally would have been) ended with a result that was justified. The passing game is improved but unless the ball goes in the net it just adds up to statistics. Where a team like city capitalise on their passing game is in having someone like Aguero to finish it all off, which we clearly do not have at present. This means that we are far more reliant on keeping clean sheets which in my opinion would benefit the inclusion of Christensen over Luiz as I have always thought that Luiz would be better just in front of the back line either playing out or helping as an extra defender when required . At least his occasional errors could be rectified by the back line. To me a back line of Dave, Rudi, Christensen & Alonso looks more solid. Surely to get this to work & flourish, getting someone like John Terry as a mentor would be a huge asset. With the back 4 being able to protect a new keeper still yet to establish himself, a midfield that has endless combinations, the missing piece needs to be getting a poacher in the box which we clearly cannot do until January at the earliest. Of course Morata & Giroud will come up trumps in games where teams don’t just pack the defence, but there will be more afternoons like today in the coming months. The upshot is that things look brighter than we thought they might, but we do need to make sure the defence is storm proof,  which at present it certain is not.

1 minute ago, johnboy said:

What could have been a frustrating afternoon (& one that normally would have been) ended with a result that was justified. The passing game is improved but unless the ball goes in the net it just adds up to statistics. Where a team like city capitalise on their passing game is in having someone like Aguero to finish it all off, which we clearly do not have at present. This means that we are far more reliant on keeping clean sheets which in my opinion would benefit the inclusion of Christensen over Luiz as I have always thought that Luiz would be better just in front of the back line either playing out or helping as an extra defender when required . At least his occasional errors could be rectified by the back line. To me a back line of Dave, Rudi, Christensen & Alonso looks more solid. Surely to get this to work & flourish, getting someone like John Terry as a mentor would be a huge asset. With the back 4 being able to protect a new keeper still yet to establish himself, a midfield that has endless combinations, the missing piece needs to be getting a poacher in the box which we clearly cannot do until January at the earliest. Of course Morata & Giroud will come up trumps in games where teams don’t just pack the defence, but there will be more afternoons like today in the coming months. The upshot is that things look brighter than we thought they might, but we do need to make sure the defence is storm proof,  which at present it certain is not.

Good stuff here Johnboy.

9 minutes ago, johnboy said:

For me people hoping that Luiz is going to be dropped are in for a long wait. The reason for this is his ability to bring the ball forward from deep positions and his passing ability, which are both at a high level, are two of the key components of Sarriball. The only change in the back line I see is Luiz and Rudiger switching sides so Dave can cover Luiz and Rudi can cover Alonso.

Christensen, along with CHO, RLC and Ampadu are going to have to play their way into the team through the LC and Ropey League games as I think the first XI is pretty set atm. 

Edited by Conte Kante