• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Newcastle 1 Chelsea 2

Blue Rod   

A lot of good things abbot today's performance, result aside. Our confidence on the ball and our instinctive ability to create spaces for the next pass through good movement are important assets going forward.

As already said,  I think we've seen enough of David Luiz to draw conclusion about his abilities. He didn't have much to do, all afternoon. As a central defender, you anticipate the cross and rise to meet the ball. That gives you an advantage over any incoming attacker. But you need concentration and focus to anticipate. It's a bit too late for Luiz.

We need to use long and medium distance shots more often  Even if they block the first shot the rebound can cause commotion. 

This could turn out to be a surprise season. 

kev61   

Apart from tactics our biggest attributes have been Jorginho and Kovacic.Our midfield is no longer a wet lettuce - they are the fulcrum that allows a free flow of attacking football that makes the best form of defense is attack - I wonder if we had Costs as centre forward what a difference that would make.

It was really enjoyable watching MOTD try to edit the game in to Newcastle being hard done by and the comedy was compounded by professional ****wit Danny Murphy saying it wasn't a penalty . 

chara   

Absolute penalty got a touch on the ball sure but not control or possession and Alonso was still going with the ball when the follow through got him..no argument and would have been the same had it been against Chelsea (only given quicker!!)

Funny criticism of the kepa for the goal..best goal of the game and the fact it was such a small gap made it very difficult for the attacker but Luiz "froze" and that was a close in speeding ball not a "soft" floater.....terrible decision to let the forearm throat smash go unpunished but the old age adage.."play to the whistle" still stands.

Onward....Hazard enjoying himself and the deliberate kick on the back of his leg he received at the start of the game let go by the ref... some things never change...

ripz   

81% possesion away to Newcastle , love it! Next 3 games Bournemouth + Cardiff (h) West Ham (a) leading into Liverpool at home, 6 out of 6 going into that game will do nicely.

4 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

For me people hoping that Luiz is going to be dropped are in for a long wait. The reason for this is his ability to bring the ball forward from deep positions and his passing ability, which are both at a high level, are two of the key components of Sarriball. The only change in the back line I see is Luiz and Rudiger switching sides so Dave can cover Luiz and Rudi can cover Alonso.

Christensen, along with CHO, RLC and Ampadu are going to have to play their way into the team through the LC and Ropey League games as I think the first XI is pretty set atm. 

And rightly so IMO. 

Winning team so far. No way should anything be changed until we need to rotate as the fixtures start to pile up. 

The likes of Willian, Barkley, RLC, Christensen, and Giroud are going to have to sit tight and wait on their chances.

I think of all the guys out right now, Fabregas has the best chance of getting into the team when he is fit again - and even that becomes tougher with each game that passes and the team becomes more and more settled.

Kezza   

If ball playing defender is a requirement why not Christensen for Rudiger. Technically we don't need to defend much if we have 80% possession every match! And I felt as if Sarri would have the keeper bring the ball out of defence if he could! 

Holymoly   

I don't know what you can take away from this game. It was really just an exercise of us passing the ball around in front of a team camped in its own penalty area. We score with a soft penalty and an own goal while the one time the opposition come out to attack they score. I really wouldn't be ordering the Premier League Champions t'shirts just yet, we used to rightly castigate Arsenal for this sort of stuff for years.

Rob B   
2 hours ago, Kezza said:

If ball playing defender is a requirement why not Christensen for Rudiger. Technically we don't need to defend much if we have 80% possession every match! And I felt as if Sarri would have the keeper bring the ball out of defence if he could! 

Because Rudiger is currently our best defender. He is a beast athletically which helps when playing a high-line, and also posesses a very nice cross field switch pass from distance 

Him and Christensen would be my preference