• Current Donation Goals

Kezza

Kante and Jorginho - The Conundrum

24 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Is there anyone here you are not fighting? Stop being so pedantic.

True - there are very few on here talking rationally or feeling obliged to stick to actual situations to make their points.
It is hardly pedantic to deny that Kante is a DM to someone who thinks he should play there because he always has.

True, but it is also rational to describe someone as a dustman, when he has worn dustman's boots for his entire life. He may, after all and in different circumstance, have had the ability to become an athlete or joined one of the professions. So to call Kante a DM when he has already played there - and, dare I say, excelled in this role - is as rational as calling him (for instance, and don't quote me on this) an attacker, because he has the potential to score goals. Both views are rational; both are valid. Stating that one prevails over the other is not pedantry but expressing a preference for reality over personal view (or vice versa).

2 hours ago, blue moon said:

So to call Kante a DM when he has already played there - and, dare I say, excelled in this role

When?  6 games for us.  None for Leicester.  Perhaps you watched him before.

Besides I have no large issue with people claiming he would be a good DM.  Mostly it is just those who insist that that is where he has always played.

Kezza   

Called that this is going to be a conundrum early on and to date has proven ever more so and not getting anywhere closed to being solved.

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

Called that this is going to be a conundrum early on and to date has proven ever more so and not getting anywhere closed to being solved.

It might be solved very soon actually. Like next Monday morning soon even.

18 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I would expect he does not.

Nothing against the chap and it would be interesting if we put him up for sale this summer if City would renew their interest..............

I think they would pass on the opportunity now.

A lot of hate going around for Jorginho but  realistically is he really as bad as being made out? Or is he just the new scapegoat like Deco was for Scolari?

Jorginho is, IMO, having a very poor season as part of an imploding team. But there was an article in sky sports the other day where they actually said that he struggled a bit early on at Napoli as well until the rest of the team worked out their off the ball movement.

I mean, I criticized him as well - but that was early on when everybody lauded him and labelled him far better than Cesc Fabregas. As far as I am seeing, its amazing that people are only just realizing the problems that existed in his game from the very beginning. Its just that now its amplified by the fact that the team has collapsed.

But is Jorginho responsible for Hazard becoming average again? No. Is it Jorginho’s fault that Kante and Kovacic/Barkley aren't good in their roles? No. Can we blame Jorginho for Alonso, Luiz and Kepa being utter rubbish the last few games? Absolutely not.

But the reality is that Jorginho is getting a tough ride at the moment and quite possibly undeservedly so IMO.

Jasonb   

For me Hazard becoming average again is because he tends to have three opposition players lined up around him, as does Higuaín and the other attacker has two.

The feeling is we need an out and out midfielder that can support the attackers with runs from deep when they are heavily marked and shoot to score or for a rebound to fall to Higuaín etc.

RLC would be suited and also Barkley if freed from defensive duty.

The other three M/Fs, Kante, Jorgy and Kovacic are limited from an attacking perspective and our opposition know this. 

17 hours ago, Jasonb said:

For me Hazard becoming average again is because he tends to have three opposition players lined up around him, as does Higuaín and the other attacker has two.

The feeling is we need an out and out midfielder that can support the attackers with runs from deep when they are heavily marked and shoot to score or for a rebound to fall to Higuaín etc.

RLC would be suited and also Barkley if freed from defensive duty.

The other three M/Fs, Kante, Jorgy and Kovacic are limited from an attacking perspective and our opposition know this. 

It used to be that the manager’s tactics inhibited Hazard, or that the striker wasnt playing well, or Hazard was being played out of position,  or he was being asked to track back too much.... all decent excuses but I just dont buy them.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2019 at 4:29 AM, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

It used to be that the manager’s tactics inhibited Hazard, or that the striker wasnt playing well, or Hazard was being played out of position,  or he was being asked to track back too much.... all decent excuses but I just dont buy them.

I dont either, Hazard has always been very changeable form wise and though capable of eye catching skills and finishing his end product is not that of a player in the top 5-10 in the world.

paulw66   
5 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I dont either, Hazard has always been very changeable form wise and though capable of eye catching skills and finishing his end product is not that of a player in the top 5-10 in the world.

I think you would think differently if he played for a RM or Barca or Man City