• Current Donation Goals

Kezza

Kante and Jorginho - The Conundrum

Recommended Posts

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Kezza said:

You mean he's nothing like Pogba?

Exactly. Polar opposites.

To be fair, they're the opposite of most modern day footballers. A breath of fresh air. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   
21 minutes ago, Ham said:

Exactly. Polar opposites.

To be fair, they're the opposite of most modern day footballers. A breath of fresh air. 

Yeah I thought all footballers behave like Pogba at one point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ham said:

The most impressive thing about Kante and Jorginho is their humility. 

This is already well known about Kante but if any of you are on instagram, follow Jorginho Frello.  He's absolutely loving life, a real family man and his mum is a legend.

 

It's a joy to see him and his lovely Mum really wanting to be here and enjoying it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's a joy to see him and his lovely Mum really wanting to be here and enjoying it .

I've just looked at his Instagram and I agree.  He seems a lovely guy.  

Bit unnerving facially though, he looks like a mixture of several other players but only one I can actually pin down and that's Gary Cahill.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
On 8/25/2018 at 3:13 PM, Ham said:

The most impressive thing about Kante and Jorginho is their humility. 

This is already well known about Kante but if any of you are on instagram, follow Jorginho Frello.  He's absolutely loving life, a real family man and his mum is a legend.

 

Not disagreeing with you but this is exactly what Morata was taking flak for last season.

"ooh, look at him prancing about with his Mrs, whilst he can't hit a barn door...."

Just shows how ridiculous fans are at times. What you do on social media really doesn't matter so long as you perform on the pitch. If Jorginho was playing badly, they'd be plenty of people making silly comments like, "he should worry more about training than taking his mum sight seeing" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Not disagreeing with you but this is exactly what Morata was taking flak for last season.

"ooh, look at him prancing about with his Mrs, whilst he can't hit a barn door...."

Just shows how ridiculous fans are at times. What you do on social media really doesn't matter so long as you perform on the pitch. If Jorginho was playing badly, they'd be plenty of people making silly comments like, "he should worry more about training than taking his mum sight seeing" 

Wasn't Morata criticised for dancing with his wife whilst he was supposed to be recovering from an injury? Two very different things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoowraa   

Its a worthwhile debate to have, but personally there is no conundrum here. This Chelsea squad for the last 2 years has had two players who simply have to start every major game when fit, they are Hazard and Kante. Due to the change in style implemented by the new manager, we can now make it 3 players who have to play with the addition of Jorginho.

Jorginho/Kante has looked fine so far and you just play them, if something has to give in their style of play then its Kante as he is the more flexible and more athletic of the two.Though I'm far from convinced this slight change of role for Kante will have any impact on his influence or contribution to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw some people saying Kante had a poor game against Newcastle. Given his "strengths" are nipping opposition attacks in the bud and winning the ball back, he was hardly playing to his "strengths" against a side who had barely 20% possession!

Like Zoowraa, I don't see any conundrum at all. Both need to play. Kante just needs to adapt to a slightly different role. The real conundrums are regarding Kovacic or Barkley and Morata or Giroud. In an open game you would want the former of each pairing, in a game like against Newcastle, we would probably have been better off starting with the latter of each pairing. However, who knew (given their recent home record in games against us) that Newcastle would be quite so defensive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
22 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I saw some people saying Kante had a poor game against Newcastle. Given his "strengths" are nipping opposition attacks in the bud and winning the ball back, he was hardly playing to his "strengths" against a side who had barely 20% possession!

 

Valid point. His main strength is tackling, and you can do precious little of that if the opponents don't have it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   

Which is why I'm saying. If opponents continue to have 20% possession only we can play Luiz all year long. 

On Jorginho he's absolutely critical now in this system. The number of passes we clocked through him is incredible. While I don't remember City playing like Sarri, I'm surprised Gundogan has the record for most passes to date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now