• Current Donation Goals

Kezza

Kante and Jorginho - The Conundrum

Recommended Posts

Kezza   
18 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I find it irritating that he picks his nose during interviews, but that's probably just me.

Don't think he's picking his nose. More like scratching his nose much like how some scratch their temples or chins when they are thinking of what to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kezza said:

Don't think he's picking his nose. More like scratching his nose much like how some scratch their temples or chins when they are thinking of what to say.

No sorry,  I have seen finger entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GURJ SS   

Jorge dictates from a deeper role and Kovacic is a technical player looking to play in-between the lines and link the attack with the midfield who's also able to get back and defend, is Kante the issue here by not being able to make his presence count in attacking situations. It's easy to suggest that Kovacic or Jorge make way and we play Barkley or RLC in place of them, but with how much possession we have in general and especially against teams who sit back shouldn't the least technical player make way for someone better on the ball?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Jorge dictates from a deeper role and Kovacic is a technical player looking to play in-between the lines and link the attack with the midfield who's also able to get back and defend, is Kante the issue here by not being able to make his presence count in attacking situations. It's easy to suggest that Kovacic or Jorge make way and we play Barkley or RLC in place of them, but with how much possession we have in general and especially against teams who sit back shouldn't the least technical player make way for someone better on the ball?

Kovacic - 992 mins 0 goals and 2 assists

Kante - 1876 mins 3 goals and 2 assists

Jorginho - 1733 1 goal and 0 assists

Barkley - 695 mins 3 goals and 3 assists

Loftus-Cheek - 327 mins 3 goals

Fabregas - 127 mins 0 goals and 0 assists

 

I think we may have solved the comcundrum of us not scoring enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   
14 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

, but with how much possession we have in general and especially against teams who sit back shouldn't the least technical player make way for someone better on the ball?

Quite right. Many want to see Kante back in Jorginho's position. What does Kante offer in this position when we have 60-70% possession these days? His ball winning attribute is no longer needed as much as during Conte's time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Kovacic - 992 mins 0 goals and 2 assists

Kante - 1876 mins 3 goals and 2 assists

Jorginho - 1733 1 goal and 0 assists

Barkley - 695 mins 3 goals and 3 assists

Loftus-Cheek - 327 mins 3 goals

Fabregas - 127 mins 0 goals and 0 assists

 

I think we may have solved the comcundrum of us not scoring enough. 

If you are going to base it purely on goals scored look at Sarri's Napoli, playing an identical system, the goals and assists were all very heavily loaded towards the front 3 who would contribute to 25+ goals and assists combined each. Hamsik would contribute average 15 per season, The full backs, jorginho and Allan would all get maybe a goal and 5 assists average a season.

Our full backs Jorginho and Kante are on course to match their Napoli counterparts figures, our No 8s between them are on course to match Hamsiks numbers or come close, Hazard will match his counterpart. What we are missing is about a 30-40 a season goal and assist contribution from our RW and CF positions.

 In terms of actual goals and assists contributed our midfield does not appear to be the problem area for a Sarri ball system, of course that is not to say their style of play is not affecting the goalscoring contribution of others in the team eg. Not moving the ball fast enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
7 hours ago, Kezza said:

Quite right. Many want to see Kante back in Jorginho's position. What does Kante offer in this position when we have 60-70% possession these days? His ball winning attribute is no longer needed as much as during Conte's time. 

This is something I think that gets slightly misunderstood at times when discussed. Those who want Kante back in Jorginho's position merely want to see him playing in the middle of the three midfielders, but not necessarily the role of Jorginho itself. The tweaks tactically would then rest on Sarri adjust, opposed to getting his players to adapt to him. 

It won't happen of course and that's largely down to Jorginho not being able to play on the left or right of central midfield. He's virtually non-existent when it comes to his play off the ball, sticking him on either side of midfield would be a disaster waiting to happen defensively. 

Jorginho also needs Kante next to him, which is why there's really only rotation had at one CM position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   

The thing about Kante is he is a Jack of all trades and a master of one,which muddies the waters for some folk - in other words he is that talented he can play nearly anywhere on the pitch but his mastery is in front of the defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   

Worried by the form of Jorginho. I think he's capable of more and can influence the play more just like in the beginning of the season. Is he tired or fatigue from the PL physical requirements? Let's hope so. He's supposed to play a lot of vertical balls but latest stats show otherwise. Hopefully a new striker will solve this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now