• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday, 1st September, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

I'd make four changes to the team that started away at Newcastle.

My team:

Arrizabalaga - Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Christensen, Alonso - Kanté, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek - Willian, Giroud, Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Zappacosta Kovacic, Barkley, Pedro, Morata

This start to the season hasn’t been half bad. Games once a week and plenty of time to prep the guys. Hardly anything to complain about with the fixture list so far. 

12 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I'd make four changes to the team that started away at Newcastle.

My team:

Arrizabalaga - Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Christensen, Alonso - Kanté, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek - Willian, Giroud, Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Zappacosta Kovacic, Barkley, Pedro, Morata

Four changes to a side that have won three in a row? Also, if you replace both Pedro and Kovacic with Willian and RLC the high press will die a death and we will see the rerum of the last fifteen minutes of the first half against Arsenal again. 

For me the team to play Bournemouth should be the same team that started against Newcastle. Only question mark could be over Kovacic but he would be replaced by Barkley rather than RLC. 

Leo91   

That feeling you get when you can't wait to watch the team play. Priceless.

Lee Mason announced as the ref. Let's see how much we get fined this time!

Vinod   

Pretty sure we are gonna see the same line up in every league game unless injury strikes someone. 

3 hours ago, Vinod said:

Pretty sure we are gonna see the same line up in every league game unless injury strikes someone. 

I hope we see Christensen and given that we'll have the majority of possession again, could we bench Kanté? It would be a big call but Jorginho+Kovacic+Barkley/RLC would give us more in attack. Kanté to come on when Bournemouth decide to open up and play.

I'd be tempted to bring Barkley back in, feel like he deserves his place in the team based on performances (Kovacic will nail down that place, but based on performances so far he should still be coming off the bench to try and take the place away from Barkley, IMO).

Other than that I don't see anything else to change... possibly Christensen for Luiz, but I think it's worth sticking with this pairing for another few games to give them a chance to make it work. Giroud for Morata is possibly another option, but I don't think Morata has done anything to be dropped yet and likewise Giroud nothing this season to show he should take his place... yet. Would be nice to see CHO make the bench for this one.

Kep

Azpi Rudiger Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Morata Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Zappa, Kovacic, CHO, Willian, Morata

We should have more than enough for Bournemouth and if we get a goal, we could grab a few more and hopefully not have another afternoon like we had against Newcastle of frustration at trying to break them down.