• Current Donation Goals

Kezza   
1 hour ago, Vinod said:

I don't think Kante is the problem. We lack sheer offensive quality and it shows. No one would be complaining about Kante if we had a young Robben instead of Willian and Costa instead of Morata. 

Robben is one of a kind. Explosive and ruthless and efficient. Don't think we had a player like him since he left.

6 hours ago, Vinod said:

I don't think Kante is the problem. We lack sheer offensive quality and it shows. No one would be complaining about Kante if we had a young Robben instead of Willian and Costa instead of Morata. 

But we can't buy upgrades now, we have to do with what we have. So adding another attacking player against a team likely to spend most of their time defending makes sense.

A 4231 with this midfield would be a good option for these type of games:

Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Hazard Pedro

Jasonb   
5 hours ago, Kezza said:

Robben is one of a kind. Explosive and ruthless and efficient. Don't think we had a player like him since he left.

3 seasons with us. lots of silverware yet the most he scored in anyone season was 10 goals. I do recall him being special for the team when he played and the closest we have is Hazard not the same explosiveness (Willian has that) yet the guile to get around players and both normally shoot from an angle or on the turn. Think we has was at his best when we were being pressed and he could hit the team on he counter not so great when we had to break down a compact defence. 

Zoowraa   
14 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Hey where's Droy and Mark? (honeymoon?)

Speaking of missing forum members and staunch Mourinho disciples. Where is sleeping Dave these days??

Ham   
47 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Speaking of missing forum members and staunch Mourinho disciples. Where is sleeping Dave these days??

I think someone said he got banned.  I might be wrong.

Would be nice if we were informed when a major contributor gets banned, but I guess that's too onerous for the mods. Shame.

paulw66   
7 hours ago, Kezza said:

Injured far too often for us. Couldn't rely on him to play 2 or 3 games on the spin. Hazard by contrast you generally get 50+ games a year 

15 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Would be nice if we were informed when a major contributor gets banned, but I guess that's too onerous for the mods. Shame.

I think it is not too much to ask for the reason why it happened and that the mods make it clear to the rest that the individual has been blocked and why.

I have a feeling people are getting banned with no explanation and no real announcement. Suddenly contributers are just gone. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

I think it is not too much to ask for the reason why it happened and that the mods make it clear to the rest that the individual has been blocked and why.

I have a feeling people are getting banned with no explanation and no real announcement. Suddenly contributers are just gone

Like being in Uganda under Idi Amin

3 hours ago, Jasonb said:

3 seasons with us. lots of silverware yet the most he scored in anyone season was 10 goals. I do recall him being special for the team when he played and the closest we have is Hazard not the same explosiveness (Willian has that) yet the guile to get around players and both normally shoot from an angle or on the turn. Think we has was at his best when we were being pressed and he could hit the team on he counter not so great when we had to break down a compact defence. 

Robben was a better player than Hazard, not due to natural ability but attitude. Hazard is a little too laid back in comparison and not as single minded. We had Robben while he was still developing but he turned into a top 3 in the world player behind messi and ronaldo. Don't see hazard making it that high unless he suddenly changes.