• Current Donation Goals

paulw66

Europa League

paulw66   

It hasn't made much of a splash in the popular media, but worth noting Chelsea are charging £20 for adults, and just £5 for concessions to this year's Europe League games.

A parent can take 2 children for a total of £30. Great value, and there are some decent teams in that competition.

Really sensible from the club to try and make sure bums are on seats, and a great opportunity for parents who are priced out of it normally.

Edited by paulw66

asvaberg   

Group draw live now. Our group looks ok but maybe a bit "boring" - not like Fenerbache, Sporting Lisbon, Eintracht Frankfurt:

Chelsea - PAOK (Greece) - BATE Borisov (Tractor-factoryclub) - Mol Vidi (Hungarian)

paulw66   

What a terrible draw. Couldn't be any duller with no particularly good away trips 

asvaberg   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

What a terrible draw. Couldn't be any duller with no particularly good away trips 

You'll have to use your "away-fund" on domestic cup trips instead :)

paulw66   
1 minute ago, asvaberg said:

You'll have to use your "away-fund" on domestic cup trips instead :)

Was really looking forward to going somewhere easy, like Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France.......... FFS 

asvaberg   
6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Was really looking forward to going somewhere easy, like Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France.......... FFS 

Understandable. Going on a traintrip to a muddy place in Merseyside for a Carabao cup game isn't excactly the same as going on a flighttrip to sunny Bordeaux or Marseilles.

But Greece isn't all that bad and Thessaloniki in Sep-Oct should be excellent:

https://isatoday.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/thessaloniki-bigstock.jpg?w=1600&h=620&crop=1

Edited by asvaberg

Thessaloniki isn't that bad - only 100 quid from Ryanair, and there's a beach, and beer at €3.50.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yeah I agree. Greece may be ok but I would have rathered Athens if going there. That said, such a group should allow us to play a second string side to give them minutes and concentrate on the league. For me, the regular First XI should be: 

Kepa 

Zappa Cristensen Cahill Emerson 

Drinkwater Cesc RLC 

Willian Giroud CHO

Arguements can be made for Ampadu playing ahead of Cahill and/or Drinkwater. While Moses could also play ahead of Willian as he is a vital part of the First XI. Kepa for me needs the minutes and experience in Europe so should play. 

32 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

PAOK away dull???

They have spectacular fans. I'll do my absolute best to make the trip to Greece. 

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

PAOK away dull???

They have spectacular fans. I'll do my absolute best to make the trip to Greece. 

Perhaps should clarify better........ dull from a football perspective. Don't know a single player who plays for any of the 3 teams we have drawn.

I also prefer trips where we drive into Europe via euro tunnel - hence hoping for Belgian, French, Dutch opponents.