• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Cardiff City at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday, 15th September, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

15th September. 15th September.

Thanks FiFA.

• Sad 1

I don't like any of the international breaks, but this one is always the worst... you've just got the season going, excitement has built up and them BAM! we have to stop for two weeks for some meaningless international friendlies.

But this time it's the 'Nations League' so they're 'competitive' friendlies. Nations League is so pointless and so badly thought through.

Rant over. I'll come back to this thread closer to the time.

paulw66   

Same day it's Spurs v Liverpool.........chance to gain points on at least one of them, hopefully both. 

I don't expect Cardiff to move out of their half. Will be an attritional battle. 

I hate international breaks so much. This one and the October one come too early after the Summer break. For me, I wish they just ran the season Sept - Apr and had international football May - June. That way we could have a proper season without any stupid breaks that break the flow of the season and could potentially injure players midway through the season and international football may actually gain a bit more of a following as there would be a number of games back to back. 

Edited by Conte Kante

3 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I hate international breaks so much. This one and the October one come too early after the Summer break. For me, I wish they just ran the season Sept - Apr and had international football May - June. That way we could have a proper season without any stupid breaks that break the flow of the season and could potentially injure players midway through the season and international football may actually gain a bit more of a following as there would be a number of games back to back. 

Agreed. I despise it. Just ban it - it’s completely pointless these days.

chara   

To me Cardiff at the weekend looked as poor a side as any so far this season..Burnley not far behind.... In previous "bad"moments I would have trembled at the prospect of facing such a poor side,,,,, now "not so much!!!"

Cardiff will come sit deep and try to frustrate us like Bournemouth and Newcastle. Would be amazing to get Fabregas back involved as this kind of game is made for him. Playing in a team dominating possession high up the pitch and Jorginho constantly feeding him the ball quickly will suit him down to the ground. With two sitters alongside him he will have the freedom to roam. 

Edited by samhoward17

On 04/09/2018 at 10:01 AM, paulw66 said:

Same day it's Spurs v Liverpool.........chance to gain points on at least one of them, hopefully both. 

I don't expect Cardiff to move out of their half. Will be an attritional battle. 

I 100% expect them to try to kick us to death. This is a dangerous game for our talented players.

xCELERYx   

Cardiff will be direct and we'll need to make sure we don't get carried away pushing forward and being left caught out down back. We should really walk this one though and it's hard seeing Cardiff actually posing much of an attacking problem. Set Pieces will probably be their best opportunity, so it's on us to not give away stupid free kicks close to goal.