• Current Donation Goals

Sciatika   
8 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Cardiff will be direct and we'll need to make sure we don't get carried away pushing forward and being left caught out down back. We should really walk this one though and it's hard seeing Cardiff actually posing much of an attacking problem. Set Pieces will probably be their best opportunity, so it's on us to not give away stupid free kicks close to goal. 

Why does that make me feel less rather than more confident?

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Why does that make me feel less rather than more confident?

We are going to concede free kicks near our area for a very simple, predictable reason ... We are going to attack and dominate territory, so virtually every chance Cardiff get will be on the break and when do-or-die challenges are necessary.

It will be a function of trying to win games, the ying to attack's yang. It will not be about the individual defenders or players acting as defenders (although they may make mistakes also), it will not be an indication of some flaw that can be corrected or ironed out. It will be what happens with any tactic or strategy. A con to the pros.

Of course, we conceded like crazy when all we tried to do was defend last year, so you'd think conceding chances when trying to score wouldn't get too many people annoyed this time round.

Edited by thevelourfog

So far Cardiff probably look the weakest side in the league and so we really should be winning this game. It would be really nice if we could get an early goal this time so that I don't have to spend 80 minutes getting frustrated whilst watching the side try and break down yet another stubborn defence. 

In terms of the 11, I imagine Pedro will be straight back in, especially after having a break over the international period. Sarri must be tempted to put Giroud in for this, he got a goal for France and he's looked good when coming on for us... personally I'd give him a go in this one. Also, if Fabregas is fit then he should definitely be involved in some way, presumably from the bench as he won't be match sharp.

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rudiger Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Subs: Cabballero, Christensen, Zappacosta, Fabregas, RLC, Willian, Morata

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Kepa

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Very cosmopolitan choice

paulw66   

Cesc on the bench, it would seem. Emerson, Zappacosta and RLC all carrying knocks from International duty. 

On 12/09/2018 at 0:54 PM, My Blood Is Blue said:

So far Cardiff probably look the weakest side in the league and so we really should be winning this game. It would be really nice if we could get an early goal this time so that I don't have to spend 80 minutes getting frustrated whilst watching the side try and break down yet another stubborn defence. 

In terms of the 11, I imagine Pedro will be straight back in, especially after having a break over the international period. Sarri must be tempted to put Giroud in for this, he got a goal for France and he's looked good when coming on for us... personally I'd give him a go in this one. Also, if Fabregas is fit then he should definitely be involved in some way, presumably from the bench as he won't be match sharp.

Kepa

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Giroud Hazard

I think you've nailed the team there. Pedro must surely start after producing more than Willian in the last game and being one of our players of the season so far. In addition Willian has just played 2 games on the other side of the world whilst Pedro has been back at cobham.

Putting to one side who is the better player, Pedro provides a much greater balance to our team. Willian and Hazard are both similar stylistically whereas Pedro is more direct, will run in behind and shoot on sight. We really need this as there is a lack of goals in our team however I do think should we start to kick into gear with Sarri we will see a few extra goals from unexpected sources. 

Giroud has earned a start as well. Especially against a Cardiff side who will no doubt sit deep and be very physical. Scored a great goal for France last week whilst Van Dijk was bouncing off him. 

Sounds like Fabregas has only been training for a few days although as Loftus-Cheek is apparently injured he may be back on the bench. A real shame for RLC if he is out for the next few weeks as he will miss the Europa and League cup starts he would certainly have got. Unfortunately by the time he is fit again Cesc should be firing and then his chances of minutes will be even lower.  

Edited by samhoward17

Going for a line-up of: 

Kepa

Dave Rudiger Luiz Alonso 

Kante Jorginho Kovacic 

Pedro Morata Hazard 

Subs: Willy Christensen, Zappa, Barkley, Moses, CHO, Giroud 

Willian is only not included as I think he will be premitted to rest. Cahill could also find himself on the bench.