• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Uefa Europa League Group L match against PAOK Salonika at Toumba Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:55, Thursday, 20th September, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Best as I can make out, this is the correct time/date. However, on the sites I've checked there are a number of variations. Anyone who has more accurate times - would you please let me know? Cheers in advance.

22 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Best as I can make out, this is the correct time/date. However, on the sites I've checked there are a number of variations. Anyone who has more accurate times - would you please let me know? Cheers in advance.

From UEFA.com it shows that the standard kick-off times for the EL this season are 17.55 and 20.00 UK time. Thankfully all our home games are at the later time. All the away games are at the earlier time.

Hopefully Hazard and a few others won't even travel for this match.

Caballero 

Zappacosta Christensen Cahill Palmieri 

Ampadu Fabregas Barkley

Moses Morata Hudson-Odoi 

Subs: Bulka, Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Kanté, Jorginho, Willian, Giroud

Surely the EL is going to be used to blood some of the young players and give time to the squad players. For me I would go with: 

Kepa 

Zappa Christensen Cahill Emerson 

Ampadu Cesc Barkley 

Moses Morata CHO 

Subs - Willy, Luiz, Dave, Drinkwater, Jorginho/RLC, Pedro, Giroud 

For me, Kepa should play as he needs minutes at European level and actually minutes in general. If RLC is fit, I would be tempted to start him ahead of Barkley to give him a chance to stake a claim. Jorginho should only travel if RLC is ruled out as we should not be taking many of our first XI internationals out to this game. Same applies for the other away games. 

Yes, 1755 is the right (strange) kick off time.

Would be great to see Christensen and RLC get a game if fit.

I agree Kepa should start this, get him some exposure toe european competition football and I just thing some more time bedding in to this squad. For me I'd go (if RLC isn't fit):

Kepa

Zappacosta Christensen Cahill Emerson

Ampadu Drinkwater Barkley

Moses Morata CHO

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Fabregas, Kante, Pedro, Giroud

I wouldn't rush Cesc back and if he wasn't fit for the bench yesterday, I'd suggest giving him more than 20/30 mins in this match just isn't sensible/needed. CHO not showing on the UEFA site as being in the squad, but presume he's able to without being officially registered in the squad?

I don’t think Drinkwater Green or Piazon were registered Hudson-Odoi on B list

I would go if RLC injured

Caballero

Emerson

Cahill

Christensen

Zappacosta

Ampadu

Barkley

Fabregas

Hudson Odoi

Moses

Morata

Rob B   

Anyone know anything about Paok or the Greek league? ie what would a team who are currently 4th be the equivalent to in England?

Ideal opportunity to blood some youngsters but we don’t want to be too complacent and get caught cold.

I think it’ll be:

Caballero

Zappa. Christensen. Cahill. Emerson (if fit)

Barkley   Ampadu  RLC (if fit)

Moses.      Morata.    Willian

Although I’d have CHO in personally 

10 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

From UEFA.com it shows that the standard kick-off times for the EL this season are 17.55 and 20.00 UK time. Thankfully all our home games are at the later time. All the away games are at the earlier time.

Thanks mate - appreciate the feedback.