• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So Jorginho, Kante, Willian, Fabregas, Alonso, Zappacosta, Barkley, Morata, Pedro, CHO & Ampadu all definitely travelling and Hazard appears to not be.

Would seem to indicate we're going to see some of our key men tomorrow, at least on the bench and hopefully a run out for CHO at some stage (hopefully from the start).

Hazard and Luiz didn't travel.

Emerson and Kovacic didn't train. 

From  TOCWS:

The travelling party is:

Kepa Arrizabalaga, Willy Caballero, Marcin Bulka, Toni Rudiger, Marcos Alonso, Cesc Fabregas, Jorginho, N’Golo Kante, Ross Barkley, Pedro, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Victor Moses, Olivier Giroud, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Davide Zappacosta, Willian, Gary Cahill, Andreas Christensen, Cesar Azpilicueta, Alvaro Morata, Ethan Ampadu.

Sarri said he will make only 4/5 changes . That means no start for CHO and Ampadu I guess. I’ll be disappointed with that. What chance they or any youngster has in this team/club ? 

1 hour ago, blue_everest said:

Sarri said he will make only 4/5 changes . That means no start for CHO and Ampadu I guess. I’ll be disappointed with that. What chance they or any youngster has in this team/club ? 

I think Sarri wants to keep the momentum and get the first win, especially away. Hopefully we blow them away first half allowing CHO and Ampadu can get 45 mins or at least half an hour. He already said Morata would start this one and Hazard, Kovacic, Luiz and Emerson haven't travelled or trained so I expect the line up to be

Kepa

Zapa Rudi Christensen Alonso

Jorginho 

Kante Barkley

Pedro                        Willian

Morata

Possibly Willy in goal, with Ampadu CHO and RLC if fit to come on result permitting, although I also expect we could see Emerson coming on to rest Alonso if he is over his illness.

10 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I think Sarri wants to keep the momentum and get the first win,

Yup.  Everytime we win it makes it easier to drop the senior players for the next game.

8 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I think Sarri wants to keep the momentum and get the first win, especially away. Hopefully we blow them away first half allowing CHO and Ampadu can get 45 mins or at least half an hour. He already said Morata would start this one and Hazard, Kovacic, Luiz and Emerson haven't travelled or trained so I expect the line up to be

Kepa

Zapa Rudi Christensen Alonso

Jorginho 

Kante Barkley

Pedro                        Willian

Morata

Possibly Willy in goal, with Ampadu CHO and RLC if fit to come on result permitting, although I also expect we could see Emerson coming on to rest Alonso if he is over his illness.

If we play a team like that and get an injury to Kante, Jorginho, Rudi or Willian I am going to be seriously pissed off. Alonso I can understand as he kind of has to play with Emerson injured but the others could easily be replaced with players that are good enough to beat a team like this. Even more annoying is how Amapdu and CHO are not in the team, as this type of game would be excellent experience for them and lets face it, if we lose this it is no great loss as we can still easily win one away game and our home games to get through. 

12 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

If we play a team like that and get an injury to Kante, Jorginho, Rudi or Willian I am going to be seriously pissed off. Alonso I can understand as he kind of has to play with Emerson injured but the others could easily be replaced with players that are good enough to beat a team like this. Even more annoying is how Amapdu and CHO are not in the team, as this type of game would be excellent experience for them and lets face it, if we lose this it is no great loss as we can still easily win one away game and our home games to get through. 

Its finding a balance of giving some squad players a chance and not just chucking out 11 players who haven't played a game all together before. Keeping a spine allows some cohesion and for Sarri to impress his tactics on the 4/5 players that come in. Perhaps Ampadu are better served playing a half with most of our usual first 11 where we can see if they are at that level rather than having to be motm  to stand out in a disjointed team performance. I'd be happy with two 18 year olds getting 45 minutes to build on only six games into Sarri's tenure where the first team is yet to fully grasp the new ethos.

kev61   

I put us down as favourites to win the competition.A bit of a dilemma really with a golden ticket into the champions league for the winners.We can rest players and still beat this lot at a stroll and I think we are nailed on to finish top four anyway.

Sarri seems pretty adamant that the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Ampadu and CHO are not quite in his immediate plans tbh. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed if they think it’s going to be any different.

21 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

From  TOCWS:

The travelling party is:

Kepa Arrizabalaga, Willy Caballero, Marcin Bulka, Toni Rudiger, Marcos Alonso, Cesc Fabregas, Jorginho, N’Golo Kante, Ross Barkley, Pedro, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Victor Moses, Olivier Giroud, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Davide Zappacosta, Willian, Gary Cahill, Andreas Christensen, Cesar Azpilicueta, Alvaro Morata, Ethan Ampadu.

Arrizabalaga

Zappacosta  Rüdiger  Christensen  Alonso

Kanté     Fabregas     Barkley

Pedro             Morata             Willian

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud

This is the team I'd guess Sarri to go with. 

Personally I'd have loved to see the team above but RLC instead of Kanté and Hudson-Odoi at LW instead of Pedro (Willian at RW). I'd also have started Caballero and had Bulka on the bench. So;

Caballero

Zappacosta  Rüdiger  Christensen  Alonso

Loftus-Cheek     Fabregas     Barkley

Willian             Morata             Hudson-Odoi

Subs: Bulka, Azpilicueta, Ampadu, Jorginho, Kanté, Pedro, Giroud