• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

PAOK Salonika 0 Chelsea 1

Holymoly   
Just now, chelboy said:

Not sure why we started such a strong team.

Mate it was 1-0. Hardly a walk over against whipping boys.

chelboy   
Just now, Holymoly said:

Mate it was 1-0. Hardly a walk over against whipping boys.

To be honest I think many of the players out there were playing at 70% and keeping themselves for Sunday. There was not a great amount of urgency. Even with a slightly weaker team I still think the same result would have happened. Fringe players would probably have given more urgency. POAK were very poor.

1 minute ago, Conte Kante said:

Great, so that is Pedro out for a while. Seriously, would we have done any worse tonight with Moses? We walked 98% of that. 

Might give Hudson Odoi a chance 😀😀

1 minute ago, Conte Kante said:

Great, so that is Pedro out for a while. Seriously, would we have done any worse tonight with Moses? We walked 98% of that. 

Hindsight is always 20/20 but my bet was our last sub would've been pedro off for Moses given pedro started the last game and Willian is sure to start vs the Hammers. But he removed removed Morata for Giroud. Big loss. 

We should have been out of sight after the first half. But lack of goals is predictably making things much harder than they should have to be. Two other weaknesses is our GK1s aerial ability and lack of defensive concentration at times. 

David Luiz gets a lot of stick on here. Today his passing game was sorely missed. Christensen is nowhere near that quality on the ball and that makes it harder to create space further up the pitch. Personally I'm not too keen on Christensen in this style of play (yet at least). He lacks intensity and quality on the ball. Particularly when it comes to his passing game. I think he reminds me of a young Carragher. Lumbering and a bit dozy but good defensively. Sarri has a job on his hands to get Christensen up a level or two. 

Lack of goals worries me. Morata is just shot of any confidence. Come January we should evaluate our options again. We kept a clean sheet today, but I don't think we are going to be that sort of a team where you can bank on a good 15 or so clean sheets in the league over a season. Meaning we will be reliant on goals. We lack goalscorers... We will need goals from Barkley, Giroud, Morata, Pedro, Willian, Alonso and Hazard over the season.  

Two out of a three away game run left. West Ham (PL). Liverpool (LC). Then Liverpool at home in the league. Come on Chelsea!

Arrizabalaga: 6 - not really tested but looks so insecure in the air

Zappacosta: 6 - contributed at both ends but lacked the end product. Solid back-up to Azpi

Rüdiger: 7 - pretty faultless under easy circumstances

Christensen: 7 - solid without being overly convincing. Lacks ability in his passing game, the team missed that quality today

Alonso: 8 - just dominated his side completely. Top class LB 

Kanté: 7 - had a few plays where he showed great ability in the transition phase. His end product lacks consistency 

Jorginho: 8 - so important to our style of play. Essential and ran the show as usual

Barkley: 8 - played really well today. Matured and disciplined performance while being important in many attacking combinations

Pedro: 7 - worked hard as usual but lacked the cutting edge. Looked like a bad shoulder/arm injury towrds the end. 

Morata: 6 - just looks miserable

Willian: 8* - main attacking threat for most of the game. Tired in the second half

Subs:

Azpilicueta: 6 - gave Alonso a breather by filling in at LB. Solid.  

Fabregas: 6 - looked off the pace (unsurprisingly) just returning from injury

Giroud: 6 - just looks hungy and shows desire. Clearly our S1

Goals: 

0-1 Willian (Barkley)

Played some lovely football at times, again. Seriously lacked a centre forward, again.

Our problem this season was always going to be the lack of a top quality striker. If we still had Costa I'd expect us to challenge on all fronts, as it is we should stop have enough to finish in the top 4 but we seriously need to find one from somewhere. 

Jorginho is absolutely key to how we want to play, we lost all shape and tempo when  he went off.