• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

JaneB   
2 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Difficult to imagine Morata ever scoring another goal...

And that's what he's thinking himself which is the trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueWill   
2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Mate it was 1-0. Hardly a walk over against whipping boys.

And when you look at the goal we did score.....................................

Having said that, we could easily have got another 5, Pedro, Willian and Moratta all squandering 2 or more very decent chances. Good job the Greeks couldn't shoot straight either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueWill   
3 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Difficult to imagine Morata ever scoring another goal...

Pedro & Willian matched him for goalscoring ineptitude.

Dealing with Morata's performance, he didn't hide and he did take up some good positions. To his credit he kept trying and if he'd stay calm, not snatch at the ball he'd have got a couple. The left footer where he did everything right,  just hit the ball marginally too early which dragged it wide and similarly with that header drifting just wide of the post.  They're fine margins - he did keep going and got angry with himself, both are positive signs, but I'm not holding my breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

And that's what he's thinking himself which is the trouble.

Actually, Jane, I'm pretty sure that the 'trouble' with Morata  is that he's not very good. Out of his depth, and floundering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
13 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Actually, Jane, I'm pretty sure that the 'trouble' with Morata  is that he's not very good. Out of his depth, and floundering. 

Yes Michael, sadly it's looking more and more that that is the case.  Shame for him but more important shame for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BlueWill said:

Dealing with Morata's performance, he didn't hide and he did take up some good positions.

He certainly didn't hide from the linesman by standing in line with defenders, always in a good position to make it an easy call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Yes Michael, sadly it's looking more and more that that is the case.  Shame for him but more important shame for us.

Why?

conte wanted lukaku and the club missed out. So activated plan B morata. 

At the time there was not much else out there 

Who was out there this summer under the age of 26 who you called an upgrade on morata. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
14 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Why?

conte wanted lukaku and the club missed out. So activated plan B morata. 

At the time there was not much else out there 

Who was out there this summer under the age of 26 who you called an upgrade on morata. 

Obviously there 'was'more out there looking at their performances - plan A and plan B were both wrong as a centre forward.Batshuayi would probably do well under Sarri and our attacking style and would definitely be better than Morata.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.