• Current Donation Goals

10 hours ago, blue_everest said:

Yes Mount is doing really well . Question is , will our manager be able to provide ample chances ? I doubt it. 

Unfortunately if you are from the academy, British & Young = No chance (CHO, Ampadu & the lazy RLC examples)

Zabaleta was there for the taking CHO would have been the perfect person to take advantage of a 33 year olds after say 1 hour

maybe rather than swapping one striker for another we should play both when chasing a result and dominating. 

We are vulnerable to goals put behind our defenders as kepa doesnt or can't come to claim those balls. Yarmolenko was a great example of that, he should have scored.

Bison   
12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

That is the debate right now.  Some like Martin see Jorginho as Orchestrating the whole team.  Others like you and me see him as doing a lot of positive stuff in making time for others, but no where near the killer passer needed to beat teams that sit back.  

He made two yesterday: one in the first half to Giroud and again to Willian in the second half. Both balls over the top putting the attackers in great positions but unfortunately wasted. They seemed like killer passes to me anyway.

• Like 1

Holymoly   
2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Zabaleta was there for the taking CHO would have been the perfect person to take advantage of a 33 year olds after say 1 hour

Doesn't matter who is out wide when you rely on Kante being the player to arrive late into the box for the crosses. Crouch-esque he is not.

21 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I cannot wait for "The Ghosts" forensic analysis of this.

Not sure whether this is genuine or tongue in cheek, but in either case this is the only match I missed all together this season! So unless someone has a recording to share of the game, I won't post any ratings:)

But happy someone seems to be reading them! Thx Mark!

35 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Not sure whether this is genuine or tongue in cheek, but in either case this is the only match I missed all together this season! So unless someone has a recording to share of the game, I won't post any ratings:)

But happy someone seems to be reading them! Thx Mark!

Not tongue in cheek , I like them !

PS , you didn't miss much

Edited by Mark Kelly

10 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Unfortunately if you are from the academy, British & Young = No chance (CHO, Ampadu & the lazy RLC examples)

RLC, whatever you or I think of him, has had a stack of chances for Chelsea.  A couple of 10 min cameos apart, he has wasted them.

10 hours ago, Bison said:

He made two yesterday: one in the first half to Giroud and again to Willian in the second half. Both balls over the top putting the attackers in great positions but unfortunately wasted. They seemed like killer passes to me anyway.

2 pretty good passes yes.  But how many would Fabregas have made?  15 or so I guess.

Jorginho also passed 18 times to the oppo.  

xCELERYx   
On 24/09/2018 at 5:40 AM, blue_everest said:

I agree with you. I don’t one can’t understand how Kovacic became the first choice . 

Anyone else thinks midfield of Kanté, Kovacic and Jorginho is defensive? I mean they are good at keeping/wining balls but they don’t offer much in final third.

Kovacic became first choice because he's technically one of the best players we have. He's comfortable on the ball, executes a high percentage of his passes successfully, and has a game that is well balanced offensively and defensively. Sarri has more or less built his midfield around Jorginho and everyone else effectively needs to adapt.

As for not offering much in the final third. While it's hard to see a midfield three of Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho contributing enough goals and assists directly, part of that issue also created because of a lack of quality options in attack. First issue is a not having a quality CF that can be relied upon, so we're going to see good opportunities created being wasted more than they should be. Then there's the nature of our attacking players - Pedro is the perfect type of player for how we're looking to play. He's crafty on the ball, has excellent movement off the ball and is a threat in that final third around goal. We don't really have another player on hand that offers that range of play. Obviously Hazard is an excellent player in his own right, but he's a dribbler and not one that really moves off it in the way Pedro does. He also needs to be more selfish around goal - this being his biggest downfall. As for Willian, he's got the football IQ and decision making of a rock at times, nor is a reliable or even a prolific source of production. He's another that largely requires the ball at his feet and has a preference to dribble - lacking movement off the ball to help create space, part of why he frequently cuts back inside when he dribbles and narrows play. Ideally we need another AM with more forward like qualities - think prime Alexis Sanchez for example. 

We amend some of our glaring problems in the final third and that is going to see some of the opening our midfield do great being taken advantage of - thus increasing their collective number of assists. Goals though from midfield is going to remain a problem though unless Barkley can step up or Sarri alters things so Kovacic can play a more attacking role opposed to Kante. 

On 9/23/2018 at 9:06 PM, Droy was my hero said:

That is the debate right now.  Some like Martin see Jorginho as Orchestrating the whole team.  Others like you and me see him as doing a lot of positive stuff in making time for others, but no where near the killer passer needed to beat teams that sit back.  

And? What is your point? Does everyone who plays for us have to be able to make a killer pass at any given moment? How many current players qualify? One in Fabregas but his other deficiencies makes his inclusion in the team problematic (three managers in a row who's not seen him as an automatic starter). 

Out of the midfielders we have, when it comes to killer passes Jorginho is our second best among the batch likely to play this season (Jorginho, Barkley, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Fabregas). But he brings a lot more than killer passes to the team. He orchestrates the whole team and ensures that we, as a team, get a few extra moment on the ball. He's our most important midfielder by a country mile.