• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly   

Would be nice to break the trend of an appalling performance after a midweek away trip abroad.

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

Got a bad feeling about this one.

That is always the right feeling to have.  Lets not have anyone spoiling our chances by getting cocky about beating WHU.  That is our duty.

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is Kovacic not available yet?  I'd have thought he'd be ahead of any other 3rd midfielder (unless there is a pattern switch to Fabregas).
CHO is a cutting edge, Zappacosta and Moses are safe hands.  I'd have said CHO and one of those would make more sense and give more options.

But I guess it will be Zappa + Kovacic/Barkley on the bench.
Agree on other 10

I'm honestly not sure, I should have caveated that lineup with my assumption that he was. If he is fit, he plays for me for sure, but is possible he could just be on the bench with Barkley starting.

Agree RE CHO, but as I said in a post a few weeks back, I don't expect to see him until the team have a better understanding of how Sarri wants to play as it will be much easier to introduce him in to a side where those around him can guide him through the game much better with a fuller understanding of the system - this is why I think Moses is currently ahead of him in the pecking order... Zappacosta playing on the wing was an odd one though!

45 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Zappacosta playing on the wing was an odd one though!

Perhaps.  IMO Zappa is good enough to keep as part of a future core.  So on the assumption that over next 12 months we should release 6 players to bring in 2 or 3 better ones, Moses is on his way out and Zappa stays.  
Mind you I was sold on Zappa on his first start for us.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 11:52 PM, The_Ghost said:

I reckon something like this over the next three games;

West Ham (A - PL)

Arrizabalaga - Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Luiz, Alonso - Kanté, Jorginho, Barkley - Willian, Giroud, Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Zappacosta, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Moses, Pedro, Morata

Liverpool (A - LC)

Caballero - Zappacosta, Ampadu, Christensen, Emerson - Loftus-Cheek, Fabregas, Kovacic - Moses, Morata, Hudson-Odoi

Subs: Bulka, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Drinkwater, Barkley, Willian, Giroud

Liverpool (H - PL)

Arrizabalaga - Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Luiz, Alonso - Kanté, Jorginho, Kovacic - Willian, Pedro Giroud, Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Zappacosta, Christensen, Fabregas, Barkley, Moses, Willian, Morata

Really hope Pedro isn't out for long. 

Apparently he isn't. If he is available for tomorrow I'd include him on the bench for Moses and start him at home to Liverpool in the league.

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perhaps.  IMO Zappa is good enough to keep as part of a future core.  So on the assumption that over next 12 months we should release 6 players to bring in 2 or 3 better ones, Moses is on his way out and Zappa stays.  
Mind you I was sold on Zappa on his first start for us.

We're in agreement again, I'd definitely keep Zappacosta, just not as a winger. Moses will stay for the season I think, he's a good squad player to have, he has a lot of PL experience, he works hard and will do almost any job he's asked to do. He's a great player for Sarri to have in the squad whilst trying to implement a new system IMO - I believe he will move on at the end of the season though as I think by then CHO will be more integrated in the first team.

P.S. Cult hero status as soon as that ball hit the back of the net!

• Like 1

Jasonb   

Expecting 3 points today though may be close. This heavy rain is likley to play a part too.

Sea foot   

Blue skies and sunshine here on the south coast of Ireland so hopefully you will get it by kick off.

Come on you Blues.

KTBFFH